Chapter - 24

[Darshan]:
<10 Years Later>
"We are getting late, please come fast", she shouted from the living room. "Coming, just a minute", I replied looking at my relationship in the mirror and combing my hair. It was Naina - my daughter's - 10th birthday, we were going to her favorite restaurant for her birthday party. Yes, Naina, that was the name Aaruhi wanted to give to her daughter and asked me to give mine, but don't think that I am married, because I am not.
I had had decided not to marry but according to some of my relatives, I was married, to Aaruhi. After I had accepted the reality that she was gone and she won't come back, I had decided that I'll never get married because I won't be able to give my love to someone else and living a life full of compromises, just to make a family, was unfare. Not only me but my partner won't be happy too, so I decided that though I'll not marry anyone , but for the whole world, I did, and my wife - Aaruhi - died because of spinal cancer. When I told all this to my parents, they were totally against it. 'Darshan come in reality. This is not possible, we won't let you do these kind of stupid things', 'This is not how the world functions, face the truth, move on', and much more like this was what I got to listen but I stayed stuck to my point. After failing in trying to convince me and realising that somewhere or the other, I was right, they agreed. One day I went to Delhi to talk to Aaruhi's parents. Going to their house without informing was not good so I first decided to call her father. "Hello, Good Afternoon sir", I said as soon as he picked up. "Good afternoon", he said, he sounded confused. "Who's this?", he asked. "I am Darshan", I informed. "Darshan...Aaruhi's ex-boyfriend?", he confirmed. I hated that word, I hated being called as her 'ex'-boyfriend. "Umm, yes", I said. "Yes, what do you want?", he asked. "Sir, I want to talk to you. Can I please come at your home?", I requested. "Please", I added after a moment of silence. "Okay", he said. After almost half an hour, I reached his home. "So, what did you want to talk?", he asked as a servant handed me a glass of water. I took a small sip and kept the glass on the table in front. "Sir you know that I and Aaruhi were together but due to a stupid misunderstanding, I left her an year ago, but I am sorry for that. Everything was sorted, we were again on talking terms. In fact, I used to stay with her when Shubh and Priti used to go to their office. All four of went to Lonavala on a vacation", I stated. "Okay, I'll stop beating around the bush, I'll come to the point. I loved her, a lot. Yes, I know, I left her but I regretted doing that. I had apologized her and she forgave me too because she also loved me, and now, I want to apologize to both of you too. I am sorry. I made your daughter cry, not once, not twice, many times, and I myself can't forgive myself for that. I loved her, I love her and I'll always love her", I said and shifted my gaze between her parents.