⌈prologue⌋

"Alright guys, the Yuuei Sports Festival is coming up in a couple weeks. Honestly, I don't care how you prepare for it, but you want to make yourself known to heroes if you want to sell your gadgets to them. That's pretty much it. I'll give you guys a free period today." Power Loader finishes his announcement and leaves the classroom. 

"Man, doesn't that mean we have to like, fight or some shit?" You groan leaning back in your seat. "I mean, we don't have to fight. We can show off our gadgets to them! This is our chance, (Y/n)!" Mei exclaims. "Ehhh, I kind of am too lazy for that. I feel like the chances of first years being picked is less likely, so I'll hold out on the 'Try and sell your shit' thing." 

"Whatever you say, (Y/n)! I am going to fix up some of my babies. Wanna come with me?" Mei asks, getting hyped to see her babies. "I got nothin' better to do. Maybe I should create some gadgets, too, huh? But I'll catch up to you in a bit, I wanna see if how Hitoshi is doin'." You say, before heading out the door. "See ya' in a bit, Mei!" 

☞☞☞☞☞☞☞

Leaning on a rail near the stairs, you patiently wait for Hitoshi to stop by after texting him. Plugging in your earbuds, you listen to your jams, closing your eyes. You feel a presence coming at you. Not bothering to open your eyes, you continue to stand there thinking it was another student passing by.

But then you feel slight heat from your left. Upon reflex, you open your eyes and you grab the figure and pin him against the railing, arm behind their back. 

"Man, guess your reflexes never fail you, huh, (Y/n)." Hitoshi says, turning to you with a grin. You simply shrug, releasing him. "Well, better safe than sorry, right? Plus, I don't feel like getting jumped today." You reply returning the grin. "You're right, but you'd let me if I took over you." Hitoshi says, turning to you with a malicious grin. 

"Do it. I'm not up to much right now. I told my other friend that I'd visit her in the work station later." 

"Fearless as always." Hitoshi sighs. 

"Damn right, hoe." 

"Don't call me that." 

"Fine." You sigh.

You finally stand up straight and start walking. "You comin'?" You ask the purple-haired boy. Without responding, he starts walking towards you, quickly catching up. "Where are we going?" Hitoshi asks you. "The work station. With your 'bathroom break' your teacher must think you're constipated." You snort. 

"I hear you were transferring into Class 1-A." Hitoshi says, but you sigh after hearing this. "My dad wanted me to. He was angry when he found out I transferred to the support course." You yawn. "Why did you switch anyway? Anyone would want to be in your place with your abilities. " Your sleep-deprived friend tries. But you shrugged. 

"No reason. I just thought that, hey. Me be a hero? Hahaha!! That's ludicrous!" You pause.

"But things happen, and being a hero sounds more appealing to me." you continued.

"Well, whatever it is, just know that I'm here to support you."

"Look man, I know you want to be a hero. I low-key feel guilty about it, because, if anything, I should be supporting you, right?" 

"You're blessed with a Quirk like that. My Quirk is not suitable to be a -"

"Ah ah ah! You're doing it again!"

You stop walking and stand in front of your angsty friend. With hands on your hips, you tilt your head to the left, looking at Hitoshi with lidded eyes. Trying to have a mini stare contest with him, you end up winning. "Dammit." Hitoshi snorts. "How do you always win?"

"What makes you think I'm going to tell you?" You wink. 

"You can't answer me with a question?" 

"Hahaha! But I just did! Anyway, it's good to see you smile again.

"..."

"You'd make a hella cool hero, so stop being a Debby Downer, and get your ass to class!" You say, moving behind Hitoshi and pushing him to class by his shoulders.

"If it makes ya' feel better. I'll be rooting for you hardcore at the festival, but don't expect me not to embarrass the shit outta ya'." You joke with a grin. You start to walk away, but Hitoshi starts to speak,

"I think you'd still make great hero, even if you say otherwise." You give Hitoshi a disgusted look. 

"Ew, were you complimenting me? Don't do that, it's weird." 

"Haha. See you later, (Y/n)." 

"See you later, Hitooeeeeshi."

"Don't call me that." 

"Fine." 

Sports festival, huh? 

a/n: Lemme know if there are any spots that sound weird or words that are spelled wrong. I'm going to make up your traits (personality, looks, preferences,etc) because it's easier for me so I don't have to keep everything vague and doing or (h/c) is too much work :P I will gradually introduce your physical traits throughout the chapters.