⌜ V ⌟

Standing against the railing of the bleachers, you lean over your crossed arms waiting for the second round to begin. Seeing the two walk on stage, your focus is immediately on the green-haired boy. 

As soon as the match began, Shoto sent a wall of ice towards Izuku. Expecting this, Izuku flicks his finger, strong winds building up from the sheer strengh. For a second time, this happens. The result: another broken finger on Izuku's part. And for a fourth time. 

It was different after the fourth attack. Charging towards Izuku, he sends another wall of ice, Izuku using his other hand. Attempting to punch him, Shoto jumps int he air. Acting upon reflex, Izuku jumps away. In no time, Shoto sends a wall of ice at him, not being fast enough, Izuku's foot gets caught.

With a swing of his arm, he blows Shoto and his ice away, breaking his arm in the process. They stand on opposing sides of the platform, talking to one another. You focus in on Shoto, seeing his right side frosted. Izuku wasn't in the best shape either. Far from it, you could see him trembling from his broken limb. 

Shoto sends more ice at Izuku, but Izuku uses his broken finger to block the attack. What the hell!? This bitch crazy! You think to yourself. You could hear them from where you were standing. 

"You want to win with half your strength? You haven't even landed a scratch on me. COME AT ME WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT!" 

Shoto runs at Izuku. He was clearly angry, but his movements were significantly slower. Moving quickly, Izuku goes for a punch, hitting Shoto square in the stomach. There was blood splattering on the field. More ice comes forth. Closing in on Izuku, he just uses his thumb to break the ice. 

This boy is strong...But he's incredibly reckless. He probably doesn't feel the pain because his adrenaline is crazy right now

Continuing to break his fingers, the two heroes make moves on each other, getting slower and slower. Shoto's right side slowly freezing over. You could see in his eyes that his mind was not in the right place. Standing there, he allowed Izuku to punch him. 

"IT'S YOUR POWER, ISN'T IT?!"

Having a sudden realization, his left side ignites.

"SHOOOOOTTTOOOO!!!!" You hear from behind you, you flinch at the abrupt yelling. "Have you finally accepted it!? This is the beginning! You will surpass me. YOU WILL FULFILL MY DESIRE!" He stands next to you. You could feel the heat radiating off him. 

Using both fire and ice, Shoto holds a fighting stance, Izuku jumps on his foot, and flies over the ice, but the moderators take action, blocking their interaction.  A great deal of wind builds up. 

As sson as the dust clears, you could see Izuku slump over, as he falls over. Out of bounds. The result of the first match ended in Shoto winning, His left side burnt, exposing his torso. 

Well damn.

☞☞☞☞☞☞☞

You walk around the stadium, earbuds in and humming to the tune. Waiting for your match, you encounter the angsty boy, half of his PE uniform burnt. You two stand there, staring at each other. You smile and wave, before walking past him. 

You reach your waiting room, and set down your phone, but a message pops 

"ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʟᴜᴄᴋ " Hitoshi Shinso

You smile at the message before turning off your music and unplugging your ears. You shove your hands in your pockets and head for the entrance. On your way, you pass the nurse's office. 

"I was... frustrated. I couldn't see what was in front of me. I'm sorry."

"It's true that the result was not what we wanted.And saying that it was a foolish choice won't change it. But you know, meddling when you don't need to...is the essence of being a hero." 

At these words you frown. 

☞☞☞☞☞☞☞

"START!" 

The boy known as Tenya immediately rushes at you as amazing speeds, getting behind you. Grabbing you by the shoulders, he starts to push you out of bounds. But right as you were about to cross the line, you crouch down and grab his arm, launching over your shoulder. He flies to the other side.

"Iida is out of bounds! (L/n) wins!" 

You stare at the boy in confusion. You had anticipated that these students would be harder to fight, and that you would've lost right now. 

Wandering the halls, you space out, listening to music and getting lost in your thoughts.

Trying to find purpose in your actions and questioning your abilities. You had no motivation in being a hero whatsoever. You were lazy, unmotivated, and overall just wanted to do nothing. You even dropped out of the recommendation your father into the support course because you were lazy. 

So why did you have the sudden interest in joining the hero course? Most of them didn't seem like anything special. But you weren't either.

All of a sudden, you bump into a figure. Mumbling an apology, you continue walking. "OI! APOLOGIZE BITCH!" Not stopping in your tracts, you unintentionally anger the blond.  

All of a sudden, he grabs your shoulder, turning you around. Reacting to your reflexes, you crouch down and sweep under his legs, grabbing his arm, you pull him towards you and flip him over, pinning him to the wall. 

I remember.

"Oh god! Sorry dude! You kinda scared me there!" You apologize, releasing him, he turns to you and growls. 

"You bitch..."

"Well, damn, I said sorry, what's got you so angry?" You question with a raised brow. 

"Your match is next." He says in a rough voice. 

"I have a match...? OH! Thanks!" You stare at him, processing what he said. 

You rush out of the hall and run to the entrance of the stadium. Everyone was waiting for your arrival and you apologize. 

You make eye contact with the half-and-half boy and have a stare down Looking away from the boy, your face rests into a natural frown. Upon this action, Shoto knew you had no interest in fighting anyway. Your aura just screamed tired. 

I want to go to sleep.