⌜ VI ⌟

"The first match of the semifinals! These fiery students never cease to amaze us! From the support course, it's (Y/n) (L/n)! Versus! From the hero course, Shoto Todoroki!"

"Start!"

As soon at is starts, Shoto sends a wave of ice at you. Snapping out of your tired trance, you run to the side, but he sends another wave, blocking you from both side. 

You stop in your tracks and change course, now standing in between both walls. Your stance was low, and more ice comes directly at you. Crouching down, you run at the ice, jumping before it could hit you. 

Catching a breath, you vanish.

Approaching Shoto, you punch him in the gut, sending him a few meters back. Landing smoothly, you stand up straight, looking at Shoto dead in the eye.

Not waiting for him to attack, you grin and rush at him, dodging the ice as it nears you. You appear in his face, using a portal to speed up and strengthen your kick, you nail him on his left side. He blocks, but doesn't unleash his fire. You knew that this game was in your favor, as he was still wavering between acceptance and rejection of his fire. 

From the sheer force from your transported kick, you could hear his bone crack a little. He grunts in pain, releasing his ice to distance the two of you. Backing off, you land. The two of you stare at each other, waiting for the other to make the first move. 

"Why are you joining our class so suddenly?" He asks. Your grin is still on your face. 

"To spice things up in my life. Your class seemed pretty exciting, so I thought I might join the fun."

He goes silent for a moment.

"But you told me back then that you had no motivation to become a hero."

"I don't. I'm surprised you remembered that."

"Then why?" 

"Personal reasons." 

"..."

Catching your breath, you appear to him in an instant, you punch him in the gut, and send him flying. He stops himself with his ice as he was right at the edge. He was hacking away, as your punch almost broke a rib. Trying to distance the two of you, he tries to freeze you. The cold was no in your favor. You could feel your lungs tightening, painfully.

You put out your hand as if you were going to do something, but then you lurch over and start coughing, covering your mouth. You appear next to him, but it was a lot slower. 

Suddenly, he sends a wave of ice, and you get launched back. Attempting to stand up, you start coughing viciously. Shoto stops in his movements. You collapse on the ground and you gasp for breath. 

"I *cough cough*"

The crowd goes wild, and Shoto deadpans as he realized what was going on. Rushing to you, he attempts to hold you up. Midnight looks at you, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion. You start coughing, breathing in harshly before another fit of coughs. "Are you alright, (L/n)?" You shake your head before coughing again.

"In..haler..."

"She's having an asthma attack!"

"Get her an inhaler!" Midnight yells.

Of all times...

The robots wheel you away, you were still struggling to breathe. They hand you an inhaler, helping you to use it.The crowd murmurs as you are send away. You put your head down in shame.

"Then...Todoroki...proceeds on to the finals!"

The crowd pauses before cheering for the boy's unusual victory.

I just want to sleep.