⌜ X ⌟

"You have your costumes, right?" Aizawa starts. "Remember, you aren't allowed to wear them in public. Don't drop them or anything." We were all holding our cases with our hero suits and our backpacks with belongings. "Yessir!" Mina shouts in excitement while holding her case in the air. "Speak clearly! It's 'yes, Sir,' Ashido."

"Yes, Sir..." Mina says with a pout. I chuckle at her behavior.

"Make sure you mind your manners with the heroes at your internships! Off with you now."

"Yes, Sir!"

Our class starts to disperse and I bid my friends goodbye. "Bye guys! Have fun at your interships!" I say to the rest of the BakuSquad. "I'll miss you, (Y/n)!" Mina says while hugging my side. I laugh. "It'll only be for a week!" Eijirou cuts in. "We'll all come back manlier than before, right guys!"

"Yes! Because testosterone!" I yell. Hanta and Denki laugh at this as all of them begin to head to their respective trains. All that was left was Bakugo and I. "Have fun with Best Jeanist." I say awkwardly. Bakugo only huffs. "Whatever. Have fun with Icyhot. You better come back stronger or I'm ditching you." I laugh. "You can't ditch me. I'm stuck with you whether you like it or not." I grin at him before holding my fist. He bumps my fist and I sigh. "Welp! I'll see ya in a week Bakuhoe!"

"Don't call me that, Minty!"

I see Todoroki waiting for me next to a pillar. I smile and walk up to him. "You ready?" Todoroki looks up and nods. Both of us make our way inside the train.

The whole ride was fairly quiet. Quiet, but comfortable. During the weekends, Todoroki and I have become more acquainted with each other as we would coincidentally meet at the hospital. I eventually knew of his background due to my asking about his mother. At first, he kept quiet about it. His initial explanation was very vague, but the more we saw each other, he eventually opened up.

However, he hadn't asked me about my brother. I mean, he had. I had told him that he was in for an injury. It was probably pretty basic since he didn't ask about it again. I look at him from the side as he stared out the window silently.

"Todoroki, will you be okay?"

"Hmm?"

"Are you going to be okay going to his agency? I know you want to learn, but-"

"I'll be alright, (L/n)."

"..."

"I want to be a hero... So I should get the most experience I can. Even if he's a terrible parent, he is the number two hero for a reason."

At this, Todoroki looks at his left hand. I stare at him before I smile and sit back in my chair. "That's good. I know you'll do well. Hopefully, we learn something useful, yeah?" I say with a grin. Todoroki nods.

☞☞☞☞☞☞☞

Our first couple of days had been rather boring during internships, but during this time, Todoroki and I have been spending almost all of our time together. Albeit, not much conversation was being passed, we would bask in the comfort of one another in the presence of Endeavor's intensity.

This night, however, is one that I would remember for the rest of my days. Endeavor was on the search for the Hero Killer: Stain. We took a train to Hosu in search of the wanted murderer.

It was dark when we arrived, but the brightest thing in the city was the fire ablaze in the center. Endeavor rushed to it to figure out what the commotion was. When we reached the area, I could see a grotesque looking creature on its path to supposedly kill some citizens.