⌜ VII ⌟

Standing against the railing, you rest your chin on the palm of your hand. Nodding your head slightly, you patiently wait for the final round to commence. 

That was embarrassing.

"The final, so to speak! From the hero course, Shoto Todoroki! Versus! From the hero course, Katsuki Bakugo!"

Reaching into your pocket, you hit play on your regular playlist. Your favorite songs start to ring in your head, cancelling out all the other noise from the stadium. 

These are some good headphones. 

"Well then... START!"

Placing his hand on the ground, a large scale attack rushes towards Katsuki. Defending himself,  Katsuki destroys the ice with his explosions. But, he was unable to keep up, and eventually was enveloped in ice completely. Similar to Hanta in the second match. 

The crowd waits patiently for the next move. Instead of visually seeing something happen, the you hear rumbling, assuming it was Katsuki. Emerging from the ice with a final explosion, Shoto jumps back. 

Not waiting for Katsuki to attack, Shoto rushes forward, but Katsuki had done the same, avoiding Shoto's right side. Grabbing him by the hair and shoulder, Katsuki lands, planting his foot, pivoting, and launching Shoto towards the boundary with an explosion. 

Catching himself, Shoto glides on ice, circling around to avoid stepping out of bounds. Closing in on Katsuki, Shoto tries to attack, Katsuki also moving in. As Katsuki was going to make an explosion, Shoto grabs Katsuki's right arm. 

He's probably not gonna go it. 

"USE YOUR LEFT! USE IT SHOTO!" You hear Endeavor shout. 

Okay, definitely not. 

Instead of using his fire, Shoto throws Katsuki away from him. At this action, Katsuki becomes enraged. Rushing at him, Shoto only stands there. His arm temporarily relaxing. 

Shoto snaps out of his trance, the frost melting away, his left igniting. Katsuki was in the midst, creating a tornado of sorts. But Shoto hesitates, and his flames distinguish. A sad look crossing his face. 

Once again, a large explosion occurs. The result was covered up by the dust and smoke. 

Spiky must be super mad now.

Katsuki lays on the ground, in disbelief and rage. Seeing his opponent out of bounds and no longer conscious. He gets up, and starts rushing towards Shoto, grabbing the collar of his uniform.

Unresponsive, Shoto only moves as Katsuki is shaking him, his other hand ready for another explosion. You could see many emotions in Katsuki's face. Anger, frustration, anguish. 

But he too, becomes unconscious due to Midnight's Quirk. Not smiling, she presents the outcome of the final battle. 

"Todoroki is out of bounds. Bakugo wins!" 

The crowd cheers. 

"This concludes the end of the festival! The winner of this years first-year Yuuei sports festival is from Class A, Katsuki Bakugo!"

Sighing, you walk down the stairs, entering the inner portion of the stadium. Midnight had informed you that you would be placed as 4th, by default as you were unable to battle with Fumikage. 

As you recall her words, you merely sigh and look off to the side, your playlist still blasting in your ears. 

Gotta let the plot continue.