Chapter Fifteen: Confrontation

Back at the dormitory, we decide to hang out in the common area with Kirishima and other members of our class. Lying on the couch with my legs propped on Kiri's lap and my head in Bakugo's I try to relax and convince myself that what I saw was just a trick of the mind even though I know it wasn't.

       "Hey," Bakugo smiles, playing with my hair in an attempt to help me calm down. "Do you want to go for a walk?"

       I stand up and he intertwines our fingers together as we walk to the door. Before we step outside I overhear someone mention how cute we are together and it makes me smile.

       Once the door closes behind us Katsuki grabs my face, placing a passionate kiss on my lips. The forcefulness of his action causes me to stumble back slightly but he moves his hand to my lower back to steady my balance. Out of instinct I part my lips and his tongue takes complete advantage of the opening. An unwelcome and quiet moan escapes my throat.

       He pulls away with a smug smile. "That was the cutest sound." He brings his lips back to mine, softer this time. "I hope I was able to take your mind off everything, even if only for a moment."

       "I'd be lying if I said it didn't work," I smile, pulling him back for one more kiss. "But even you can't just stop all the thoughts in my head from racing."

       He laces his fingers with mine once more and we begin our walk. "Talk to me about it. Today, I mean. Something like this, well, it's better not to give it time to build up inside you. It'll only drive you crazy."

       "She's always been a little crazy," a familiar voice says as we reach the end of the walkway. Walking out from behind the nearest tree is one of the faces I saw this afternoon.

       Katsuki opens his mouth to say something, but I cut him off. "Michael, what are you doing here? How did you get on campus? How did you know where to find me?"

       He... laughs? "She's always been a little stupid too."

       Bakugo growls, but moves in front of me, tightening his grip on my hand.

       "This was our plan all along," a second voice says from right behind me.

       Before either of us can react, the contact between our hands is broken. With one hand both of mine are immobilized, while another hand roughly grips and pulls on my hair, forcing my chin upward.

       "Well, we were hoping after your parents were murdered and you were forced to move to a new country that you would have isolated yourself, but it seems you get over things pretty quickly," Michael coos. He has Bakugo restrained in the same manner.

       "Little miss Y/N," Harrison's hot breath hits my cheek. "I never pegged you to be so cold hearted. You buried your parents not even three weeks ago, but you've already replaced them with this hot-head? Tsk."

       "Shut your mouth you bastard!" The familiar sound of sparks come from where Bakugo's hands are being held captive.

       "Ah, ah, ah," my captor lilts. "We aren't going to cause either of you harm. Not yet that is. We just want to talk. One of our associates informed us that the two of you and a group of your classmates are thinking of ways to stop us. You call him 'the shadow' from what he's told us. We just wanted to reiterate his warning."

       Michael uses his free hand to brandish a switchblade from his pocket that he holds to Bakugo's throat.

       "No!" I scream, but before I can scream anymore, the grip loosens on my hair as Harrison slaps his hand over my mouth.