Chapter Twenty-Nine: Capture the Flag Pt. 2: Preparations

~ Third Person Point of View ~

Green Team: Gym Gamma

      YaoMomo begins making smaller triangle replicas of the flag the moment the other teams leave. "Each of you take two and place them all around the gym. We have a smaller base than the other teams, so the best way for us to get a leg up is using simple deception. Sero, take the real flag and fold it up into a triangle like the decoys and tape it somewhere high and difficult to find. Remember, part of the flag has to be visible. Meet back here when you're all done." At that, the boy begins handing out pieces of tape to the others.

       Sero takes the flag and his two decoys, using his Quirk to propel him to the top of the concrete playing field.

       "I'll go with you ladies so you can use my sticky balls to place your flags," the shortest of the group says, following behind Momo and Hagakure.

       "Sero already gave us strips of tape. He gave you tape too," the invisible girl says with the slightest hint of disdain. She must feel extra uncomfortable being in her hero costume— which consists of nothing more than boots and gloves — around the class perv.

       Once the twelve copies and one true flag have been placed around the gym, the green Team reconvenes in front of the entrance.

       "Now, all that's left to decide is who is going to stay here to guard the flag and how we want to go after the other teams." The team may not have voted but Momo is the obvious leader of the group.

       Sero raises his hand. "I think we should set up some defensive traps. If Mineta can use his Quirk to lay down a less fun version of a ball pit around the real flag and some of the decoys we might be able to immobilize or at the very least hinder our opponents."

       Mineta follows Sero and some of the other members of the green team to set their traps while YaoMomo works on figuring out their battle plans. Hagakure and Oijiro decide to team up while Tokoyami volunteers to go after a flag on his own. "I'll stay here," the unofficial captain announces. "Which leaves Sero and Mineta to go after the third flag. Don't forget to keep an eye for other teams who may reach your target first."

Blue Team: Tournament Arena

       "I think the best place for us to hide the flag will be somewhere in the stands mixed in with the seats," Uraraka suggests as the team enters the arena.

       "It's rather unsettling how quiet it is, ribbit." The frog girls steps quicken as she sticks to the space between Midoriya and Ochako. "Like we've travelled to another dimension."

"That's a good idea Uraraka," the freckled boy says, his finger poised against his chin obviously signaling that he's in deep thought. "I agree Asu— I mean Tsu, it almost feels like a different world."

       Sato looks like he has something to say and like he pulled a muscle at the same time.

       "What's wrong?" Koda asks in his surprisingly high-pitched voice.

       "I was just thinkin' of how we are going to capture the other teams flags and guard our own," he sighs. "If we split up and went after all the flags at the same time we wouldn't be able to team up."

       Midoriya takes a small pause in his steps before turning and walking down the stairs in section 1-G towards the field. "I think we should have two designated 'capturers', two 'look outs' and one 'guardian.' The capturers will head to the other bases and go after the flags. The look outs will man the areas between each base to see if any of the other teams have procured a flag and they will try to take any captured flags for our team. The guardian will of course watch over the flag we have here."