Chapter Thirty-Four: How Much I Love You (Fluff)

~ Bakugo's Point of View ~

       The only source of light in her room are from the strands of fairy lights strung from corner to corner along the top of her walls. Part of me wants to pause and turn on music but I'm too preoccupied with the beautiful girl underneath me.

       I bring my lips to hers, as gently as I can in my worked up state. Her shaky fingers run through my hair as she opens her mouth to me. She tastes of dinner and barley tea but for some reason it intoxicates me. I'm desperate to taste more of her. Every inch of her.

       My hand drops down to her neck and I loosen the tie of her uniform just enough that I can start unbuttoning her shirt. I'm so excited and nervous that I can barely get the top button open with one hand. I sit up, and begin to use both of my hands.

       "Wait," Y/N breathes. "Katsuki, I want things to slow down." She captures my face between her hands. "I love you so much and I want to wait until we're both a little older."

       I can't say I'm not a little disappointed but I completely understand where she's coming from. I nod my head and kiss the tip of her nose. "Rain check on that promise you made then? Of letting me do anything I wanted to?"

       She drops her hands into her lap and fists the fabric of her skirt. Tears brim her eyes and she sucks her quivering lip between her teeth. "I'm sorry, Katsuki. I'm just not ready yet. I really do love you but..."

       I gently press my lips to hers. "I understand," I say as I pull back. I give her my most genuine smile. "I'm sorry if I made you feel pressured. It's just hard for me to control myself around you."

        She smiles softly but tears still trail down her soft skin. "I don't mind some of the stuff you do. I get those urges too. I just don't want us to do something we'll regret. I just... love you so much, Katsuki."

       Seeing her cry like this causes this horrible pain to build up in my chest. "Y/N." I pull her into chest and slightly rock side to side. "Please don't cry babe. I'll love you whether or not we do it or not. I just want to show you how much I love you and there are other ways that I can." I run my hand over the back of her head and do my best to try to calm her down.

       "You promise?" She pulls back slightly, wiping her face and her nose with the back of her hand.

       I chuckle. "I promise." I don't know why but I hold up my pinky and she latches hers onto mine.

       "Stay with me tonight," she says suddenly. Her E/C eyes alight once again. "Hold me and sleep next to me."

       I give her a soft kiss. "I can agree to that. Let me just go to my room and change out of my uniform."

       Walking to my room, I really get to thinking. As much I love Y/N, part of me is glad that she stopped me tonight. While, yes, a very specific part of me isn't so thrilled at having the prospect of having sex with my girlfriend taken away from me, my heart and my conscience are clear.

       "Damn, I really love that girl," I smile as I pull my black tank top over my head and slip into my black sweatpants.

~ Reader's Point of View ~

       I feel bad for going back on my word but I did make that promise with a fuzzy mind fueled by intimacy. I'm glad that he understands though.

       I'm so lucky to have a guy like him.

       I change into an oversized t-shirt and a pair of black spandex shorts before walking into my bathroom and brushing my teeth and my hair. I see little patches of dirt from today's game and use a wash cloth and lightly-scented, raspberry soap to clean myself superficially.

       Once I walk out of the bathroom, I see Katsuki is already back and looking out my window. I can see that he's tense by the way his arm and back muscles are tight. I walk behind him, carefully and gently wrapping my arms around his waist.

       "Penny for your thoughts," I say, placing a kiss on his right shoulder.

       He turns around and returns my embrace. "Just thinking of how amazing you are and how you've changed my life since we first met. And of how much I love you."

       I feel a small blush creep onto my cheeks and my favorite line from a monologue I did back in elementary school pops into the front of my brain. "Katsuki?"

       "Hmm?" He mutters, resting his chin on the top of my head.

       "I love you... to the sun and down again and around the stars and back again." The heat in my face increases and I try to hide it in his chest.

       He pulls my chin up towards him with a small amount of force. "And I love you, Y/N, to the sun and down again and around the stars and back again."

       My heart skips a beat just knowing that he already knows my favorite saying.

       "Come on," he smiles as his lips caress mine. "Let's get some sleep."

A/N: I know lemons aren't for everyone so I hope you enjoy this fluffy chapter as well. The line "I love you to the sun and down again and around the stars and back again." Is from "Nuts" written by Tom Topor and it's one of my favorite monologues other than several sections from Sara Kane's "4.48 Psychosis". Thanks for reading!! I hope to have another chapter out relatively soon!! Love all you lovey babes. xoxo- Sayori Kaede