24. Caught

There was something in the way she sat--as if everything's going to go exactly as she planned. Her fingers lay elegant and unperturbed on her lap while she stares at me with a gaze that cuts through glass. "First," she says. She points a gentle finger on Joohyuk before redirecting it to the door. "I want you out of this room." An alarmed look graced his face as he looks at me. He wants to stay. But if we want this done for, we're going to have to go with whatever she says.

"Go," I tell him. "I'll be alright," I offered him a worried smile though he hesitated but just nods and leaves the room.

A silence weighed on the atmosphere like a curse. For a few moments, Sohyun just looked at me with a hatred that could've drained the blood from my face if I were as weak as I was in the past. Moments passed and it was making me impatient.

"I've been waiting to talk to you like this," Seohyun directs her gaze back at me. "There's so much I have to tell you," she smirks. "So much I want to strangle you for." Venom--there it was in her voice.

"Then get on with it," I say bravely. There has been far too much stalling going on since the day he went to my house and had a look at how I've been. The pent up anger shows in how she's grinding her teeth with every word that leaves her mouth. "If you kill me, you either jump through the window or burst out the door where there are probably a bunch of witnesses waiting with nowhere to hide my body"

"And you think I needed to know that?"

I shrug. "Just making it easier for you."

"Do I look stupid to you?" she stands and I take a step back. The gesture somewhat reminded her of the intimidation that sparks in me. The fear resurfaces at the indication that this woman could do anything to me right now and her money can erase any trace of it.

"You killed him," I accuse.

"I didn't," cold, calculated, expected. It sounded like she practiced it in front of her dirty mirror over and over again. "I didn't have any reason to."

"He knew about the child," I counter. "I think someone like you would be crazy enough to kill him for that exact reason. You're ashamed of her--"

"I'm not!"

"Then why are you hiding her?" I ball my fists. The air is stale and my throat is dry. Thoughts flew around and above our heads as the silence slowly became deafening.