Chapter 1

//Lance's POV//

I laid in my bed, staring absentmindedly at the ceiling above me. I have a strong hold on my teddy bear, Scout, as I subconsciously suck my thumb. I turned over and looked at my wall where a picture of my family hangs. Oh, how I miss them. I miss my big brother and the way he'd cuddle with me whenever I was scared. I miss my big sister and her caring and affectionate ways. I also miss my Mama, the woman who gave birth to me and supported me throughout my life. Before she was murdered that is. The one person I don't miss... is my father. I don't miss his beatings, I don't miss the times when he'd rape me, and I most definitely don't miss the times he'd throw his emptied beer bottles at me. But the biggest grudges I hold over him are ones I can never forgive him for. He killed my mom. He killed my big sister. He killed my eldest brother. Because of him, I'm mentally and physically scarred. Because of him, my second eldest brother had the feat of taking care of a seven-year-old all on his own at the age of fifteen. The two of us ran from that house as quick as we could, the cops were called by our neighbors, but by the time they arrived, we had already fled the scene.

A terror-stricken child and a petrified teen, that's what we were. We ran and ran. We lived on the streets for two years before a space marshall and a commander from the Garrison had found my big brother and offered him a spot at the school. He passed all tests and had been officially admitted to the school a week after they had found us. He snuck me into the school, the commander had told him that I was too young to be an official student of The Galaxy Garrison so I must be hidden from the other students until the age of twelve. He kept me in his bunker for about two more years. And once I turned eleven, two cadets had found me. Hunk and Pidge. They were both older than me and had asked me for my age. And so, I lied. I told them I was sixteen, which was apparently the same age as them. Pidge, had disguised herself as a male cadet. I later found this out, so she's actually a girl and she's really only 2 years older than me. They had taken me in as a colleague, then as a friend over the course of a year.

One day, while we had snuck out of the barracks, we sat on the roof of the Garrison as Pidge worked on her computer and was presumably fixing her latest creation. According to her, it was some type of machinery that picked up interstellar radio chatter. We then found Shiro, and at the same time met up with an ex-cadet of the Garrison named Keith-who was ostensibly the best fighter the Garrison has had in some time. Then found a giant mechanical lion in some cavern, and I became the pilot. Blah, blah, blah this story can continue into everyone finding their lions and then meeting up with the princess of a planet called Altea, her name was Allura, and her advisor, Coran Hieronymus Wimbleton Smythe (A/N: For those of you who don't know, I didn't make up this name, this is his full name according to voltron.fandom.com- which is a website I found thanks to my friend. In all honesty, I don't think I could ever make up a name as extravagant as this XD). Which I still don't know how to pronounce properly, so I just call him Coran along with the others.

That leads us here, to my small room in the Castle of The Lions. The paladins of Voltron currently consist of Keith, Shiro, Pidge, Hunk and myself. And still to this day, none of the others truly know how old I am, nor do they know about my "little" situation. Yes, it's true, I Lance McClain am I a little. I like to be cared for and shown affection. It's most likely due to my past and had found itself a job of helping me cope with my past. I am currently only fifteen, 2 years younger than what they think is the youngest paladin. But when I'm in my headspace, my age is somewhere around two or three. I wear stunts in my shoes to make me appear taller than I really am. They all believe Pidge, whose real name is Katie, is younger than me by a few months. But clearly, that isn't the case.

"Knock, knock, knock."

"Lance, hurry up... everyone's in the dining area. Lunch is ready," Keith yells through my closed door. In my state of panic, I quickly throw my stuffie under the blankets and remove my thumb from my mouth, while pretending to be asleep. "Lance?" he questions. I hear the door open with a slight "woosh" as a strong gust of cold air invades my room. He quietly shuffles over to my bed and gently shakes me. I pretend to turn over in my sleep so my back faces him. He bends down and whispers in my ear, "Lance wake up." Seeing as I won't "wake up" he shoves me off my bed and I tumble to the ground with a slight pout.