Chapter 16

K E I T H
——————

I woke up to an empty bed. Great way to start my day, I know. I sat up and hurriedly got up to find Lance.

"Lance? Baby? Where are you?" I called out. I heard slight giggling from the closet. I smiled. "Now where could he be?" I asked aloud.

"Here Daddy, I'm here!" He popped out of the closet smiling. But I pretended I couldn't see him.

"Huh. I swear I heard something. Maybe he hid in the bathroom?" I walked over to the door him following behind me.

"I'm right here? Daddy? Hello? Daddy?" He obviously wasn't very amused with the fact that I "couldn't see him." "Daddy!" He yelled. I pretended to look behind the shower curtain.

"Guess he isn't here. Kitchen maybe?" I turned around only to be met with Lance's teary blue eyes. Guess I went a bit too far. "Ah, there's my baby." I brought him into my arms and held him.

"You couldn't see me! I thought you couldn't hear me. You scared me." He quietly cried into my neck. He butchered the word pronunciations but I pushed that aside to comfort him.

"Aw my poor baby, hm. Guess that's why you shouldn't hide from Daddy, yea?" He nodded into my neck in response and I bounced him lightly as he hiccuped. I brought him back to the bed and placed a pacifier back into his mouth to help calm him down a little bit. After a few minutes he was back to his giggly self and the trouble of changing him arose. "Alright babe, I need to change you now. Can you lay back for me?"

"No. Wanna play." I internally groaned. Lance's little side doesn't normally misbehave or get overly fussy, but when he does, god does it get fussy.

"Babe, I need to change you. You don't want to get a rash do you?" I said gently. He looked at me with a slight glare.

"Play."

"Lance, listen to me. I don't wanna have to punish you, but if you make things difficult then I'm going to have to put you in timeout." I wasn't a big fan of spankings, especially considering just how little Lance is in his headspace. He huffed but laid back anyways. I changed him quickly and he immediately went back to playing with Scout. I sat down next to him and he looked up at me. I looked down at Scout, seemingly in deep thought. When he looked back up his eyes looked a bit sad.

" 'M sorry. Don't be mad please." He said softly. I sighed. Lance had a tendency to do that. He'd act up even in the slightest and he'll apologize then beg me not to leave him. Not that I ever would. I figured it had to do with his past and the issues he had with his father.

"I'm not mad baby, it's okay to act out sometimes. Just don't make a habit out of it okay?" I tickled his stomach as I spoke softly. He nodded but still didn't seem settled. I picked him up and sat him down on my lap, Scout was picked up in the process by Lance. He laid his head against my shoulder and his legs stretched out onto the bed. The door opened to reveal Pidge and Shiro.

"Ah, there's the baby!" Shiro exclaimed. Lance looked up but still didn't seem completely enthusiastic. Today was going to be one of the "bad days" as Lance called it. These were the days he was a bit unresponsive and a bit distant because he was thinking about his family. Pidge squealed and made her way over to the bed.

"So, who's this little guy?" Pidge asked gesturing towards Scout.

"Scout," Lance said shyly behind his pacifier.

"Scout huh? Cool name." The two of them conversed while Shiro and I talked.

"He okay?" Shiro asked.

"Bad day. He's just a bit sensitive right now." Shiro hummed and turned to look towards the youngest two members of the team. They played for a bit until Lance started to whine. He made grabby hands towards me and I picked him up.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Wan' Daddy," I hummed and bounced him a bit. Pidge cooed as she watched the scene. To others it may seem a bit strange but that's just the way our dynamic worked. I rocked him a bit until he seemed satisfied with the attention. He pressed the hard plastic of his pacifier to my cheek to "kiss" it. Shiro and Pidge awed at the sight, watching as I pecked his forehead. It felt a bit strange to have such a soft moment with the giant and midget in our room but I can't really kick them out. Well, yes I can, but I'd never hear the end of it. I sat back against the wall and watched him fiddle with his toy. Pidge resumed talking to him and Shiro joined in. I played with his hair, I wasn't very interested in the conversation until Lance looked up at me.

"What do you think it better, Keith? Chocolate or vanilla?" Pidge asked.

"Vanilla?" I replied. Lance glared.

"Bad daddy," he whined. The rest of us chuckled a he pouted.