Chapter 12

Keith's POV

  I watched as Lance paced the length of his room. Over and over again. Lately he's been so stressed and he can't seem to relax.. like at all.

  "Baby, you're going to pass out if you don't calm down." I joked, trying to get his mind off whatever he was thinking about.

  "Don't tell me what to do." He snapped. He immediately recoiled into himself and muttered a soft apology. Momentarily taken aback by the sudden outburst, I stared at him before getting up to walk over to him. I put my arm over his shoulder.

  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell," he said softly.

  "I know, it's okay. I get it, you're stressed." I sighed. He hasn't slipped in a month, he hasn't had the time. Allura has been piling work on him. Constantly nagging him over small things, it was getting on my nerves. Shiro once had to hold me back from tackling her like a pro football player. She made him cry and I guess I just lost control. If only Shiro wasn't such a buzz kill. Lance curled into my embrace, nuzzling into my neck.

"ATTENTION PALADINS," Allura's voice rang loudly through the intercoms, "We are approaching a planet in need of rescuing from the Galra. Report to your lions immediately!"

  I sighed as I took in Lance's form. He lost a bit of weight, black eye bags formed underneath his eyes.. he was in no condition to fight. Allura couldn't see that though. I kissed his cheek, he returned the gesture before we had to separate to get to our lions.

  "Alright, the planet is currently being guarded so we'll have to find a blind spot so we can enter its atmosphere," Shiro said. We all nodded.

  "Found it!" Pidge cheered, we followed her quickly. We landed our lions and immediately began  attacking the soldiers. We fought well, many retreated and called for back up. Lance went to go protect the children that were about to be captured, he shot down almost 20 centuries. The children hid behind him in a tight huddle. He guided them towards the safe house the planet had in case of an attack.

  My bayard swung left and right, clashing with the armor of the soldiers. I lost focus when I heard Lance yell. A soldier had him in a choke hold. I saw only saw red, I rushed toward him but  more soldiers were pouring out of an arriving ship, blocking my path. The soldier drove a his sword into the left side of Lance's abdomen, it won't immediately kill him.. as long as we can cover up the wound. I fought rough, not even caring who I was hitting. No one touches MY Lance. Shiro fought along side me, trying his best to reach Lance as well. It wasn't until the dragged him onto the ship and flew off that I stopped. I dropped to the ground. They took him.

"Keith, you have to get up, there are more coming!" Shiro began running. But I didn't hear him, I stared at the ground in front of me as unshed tears welled up in my eyes. I felt myself being roughly lifted and knocked out. It all went black.

-time skip-

My eyes opened, my head hurt like hell. The room I was in had a purple hue due to the purple lights that lined the walls in an almost decorative manner.

"Keith, Keith.. are you okay?" A soft voice called. It sounded like an angel.

"God, I must've died. I'm dead, I knew it. They killed me." I muttered.

"Keith, you're not dead." The voice deadpanned. My blurry vision cleared and I was met with blue eyes. Lance. I immediately hugged him.

  "You're okay," I cried. He hugged me back just as tight. He was trembling. He was scared.

  "Keith.. we were captured. Lotor's on this ship. He-He said he wanted to talk to us." He whispered. I growled. Of course the walking L'Oréal commercial is on here. I kept a tight hold on him, noticing they patched up his wound. "Lotor fixed me up."

  "We're going to get out of here, Shiro and the team will come back for us." I said.

  "They'll come back for you, not me." He replied. I turned to face him.

  "What do you mean?"

  "I overheard Allura talking to her father's hologram thing. She said she's thinking of replacing me, that once she finds a suitable replacement she'll just drop me off on the nearest planet." He said while playing with his fingers. I was livid. How dare that incompetent, Princess Peach downgrade say that! I calmed myself before speaking.

  "I wouldn't let them leave you and you know it. Whether she likes it or not, you and I are a pair now. Where I go, you go. No alien princess is going to drive us apart." I said. Damn, I could hear the possessiveness in my own voice.

  "Oh how sweet, I didn't realize I captured a couple." Lotor's eerie voice spoke. We turned to look at the door that was miraculously open, and standing there was Prince Lotion himself. Lance cuddled closer to me as my grip seemingly tightened. "Now, now, my darling lovebirds. I have no intention of hurting either of you. That is, if you give me your lions. If not, well, good luck I guess." He chuckled to himself and walked out, the door closing shut behind him. Cuddled close to me, I heard Lance beginning to sniffle. Oh god, not now.

  "Daddy, I scared," he cried, completely butchering his "r" pronunciation. Dammit.

  "Everything's okay sweetheart, but now really isn't the best time for you to be little. Do you think you can be big for me?" I said gently. He shook his head before beginning to nurse on his thumb. He was little.. very little. And I had no idea what to do. I gently rocked him, trying to get him to fall asleep. To my luck, it worked. I sighed as I leaned against the wall. His laid on my chest, his thumb still stuck in his mouth.

"What the hell are we gonna do now?"