Chapter 14

Keith Kogane
———————
I woke up to a face-full of soft brown locks that smelled like vanilla. I inhaled the scent and smiled. Looking down, I saw his peaceful form limp against my own as he let out soft breaths. A plate of half eaten cookies that Hunk rushed to make and Shiro rushed to get laid on the floor beside our bed.

  Lance's eyes fluttered open as he let out a yawn. He looked up at me as a tired smile found itself upon his face. He slowly sat up, straddling me as my hands made their way to his waist.

"Hi baby," I said gently.

"Hi Keith," he said just as softly. It felt good to be back, it felt good to actually be sleeping on a bed where we knew we were safe. It felt good knowing Lance was safe. It's funny how he seems to be practically the only thing on my mind now. If you told Garrison me that I'd be thinking of the Lance McClain 24/7, I'd probably call you delusional. In fact, I'd probably punch you in the hopes that it'd knock some sense into you.

The door opened with its normal whoosh and in walked Shiro. He smiled at us and ruffled Lance's hair.

"So there's a meeting today, but if you two want to stay here for today that's okay with me. I'm sure I can talk Allura into not completely murdering you two." He laughed. Lance and I chuckled.

"No it's fine, we'll be there." Lance answered. I looked at him with a pout. Now, I know saving the universe is kinda important, but I really just wanted to spend time with my baby and ya know.... not have to worry about either of us being killed in battle.

We both got ready and walked out into the room where we usually hold these meetings. Pidge and Hunk immediately talked us in a deathly hug, but I'm not really complaining. Again, you tell Garrison me that I would end up liking affection and he'd tell you that you were psychotic. Allura went on to explain today's mission.

"Alright, so here we have the planet of Illurun (pronounced Ill-oo-ron). They're currently under the Galra's watch, they've completely infiltrated their advanced technological security systems and stolen most of their money made from stock in the Intergalactic Stock Market." As she said this a hologram image of the planet rose from the high-tech table. She zoomed into a certain part and showed the native people shackled and forced into labor. Quite a terrible sight if you ask me. They looked miserable, many were seen either beaten to a pulp or some were even being executed on the spot by Galran centuries. Lance grimaced at the sight, I out my arm around him in some sort of comfort. Pidge eyes us suspiciously before turning her attention back to the hologram. "As Paladins of Voltron, it is our duty to ensure that we aid these people and help free them from the Galra's treacherous ways. Any ideas as to how we'll do this?"

"I say we lead with the Black lion, of course being the head of Voltron if any thing were to go wrong I'm sure Shiro would be the most capable to return with maybe a mere scratch. Then following up with Red and Blue from the left. The largest group of centuries is there and I believe they would be the best option to take them down. Red has the speed needed to quickly attack and blast off if needed, while Blue has a long-range attack meaning she would be able to backup Red and remain practically unharmed. Green should be used to help get their system up and working again for the natives and then Yellow can help with the attacks on ground like Shiro. They also possibly could take out the main ship considering Hunk has the large cannon fire." Said Lance. We all looked at each other before back at Lance. Hunk's mouth agape.

"Did you just come up with that yourself?" Hunk asked.

"Uh, yea?" Lance replied. I've never been more proud. Ok that's a lie, I felt the most proud when he beat up two jerks at the mall a few months ago but you get the point.

"That's actually a pretty well-thought out plan. I believe it could work, as long as we execute it properly and there aren't any factors missing." Shiro said. We all agreed to go with Lance's plan but of course had a plan B for any circumstance where his plan fails.

But it didn't. It actually worked so well that the Galra decided to flee before we could even attack the middle group. Lace was right about Red and Blue being able to take on the largest group of soldiers and remain practically unscathed. He took down a majority of them actually, Red took a few hits while Blue ended up shooting them down when Lance locked down the targeting controls. Pidge was able to regain access to the system for the people while Hunk and Shiro were able to cause significant damage to the main ship.

We all got back onto the ship and immediately headed for the showers. Upon walking back to our room, Lance had slipped into little space so I ended up carrying him princess style the rest of the way back. He hid his face into the crook of my neck and nuzzled, causing me to subconsciously let out a soft smile. When we finally got there, Scout was immediately lodged in a suffocating hug by him. We watched a film we had found on the ship a while back, neither of us understood anything though.

So basically we were just watching the cartoons argue in the foreign language and the subtitles were in Altean as well. It kinda reminded me of Russian for some reason, I guess it was the way the letters looked from an American viewpoint. It's a bit strange but fascinating nonetheless. Lance let out giggles throughout the movie as his thumb was placed in his mouth. It was then replaced by his pacifier. Occasionally I'd drift to sleep a bit and he'd wake me up saying "Daddy, you gotta wake up! The film is stwill pwaying!" It was adorable.

Soon enough his head was placed on my shoulder and the pacifier fell from his mouth as he slept. I could feel myself succumbing to my own weariness and before I knew it, I was out. But I did hear Lance mumble one thing in his sleep before completely losing consciousness.

"I love you."