Chapter 7

Quick A/N before I start the chapter. I just realized that this story has 1.2K reads and let me just say.. AHHHH. I never actually thought people would read my stories lmao. Thank you guys soo much for the positive feedback in the comments, love y'all so much!!! <3

//Lance's POV//

 Kieth and I walked down the hall to the main dining area, hand in hand. We've been a bit more touchy with each other around the others. Subtle things like hugging each other and holding hands underneath the table. Someone has probably noticed but didn't want to say anything. It started the day after Hunk came into my room and Keith started to suspect him liking me. Keith barely even lets me within a 3 foot radius of Hunk if Keith himself is not there. I don't mind though. I was feeling a bit sleepy, he had woken me up pretty early and now we're going to get breakfast. Literally, everyone else is asleep. I usually feel a bit more little when I'm sleepy so right now I was clinging to Keith like my life depended on it and nuzzling my face into his shoulder as we walked. I hadn't out on my stunts. I didn't find a reason too since he and I are the only ones up. 

 We got to the kitchen and I sat down as Keith grabbed some leftover food-goo from the night before.  He placed it in front of me and sat down with his own plate, beginning to eat. I sorta just sat there, trying not to fall asleep and have my face dive into the plate of goo that was placed no more than 5 inches away from me on the table. Keith looked over at me with an eyebrow raised. He picked up the spoon and held it to my mouth, silently ordering me to eat it. I begrudgingly opened my mouth and allowed him to guide the spoon into my mouth. He continued this until my plate was empty. He went to put the dishes away in the kitchen and I sat patiently in my seat waiting for him to return. 

"Hey Lance," said I voice from behind. I jumped. It startled me into going deeper into my little space. 

"Hey Hunk," I let out slowly, trying to contain myself from sounding like a toddler. 

"So I've been meaning to talk to you, it's pretty importa-" he was cut off by Keith walking into the room and clearing his throat. 

I looked to Keith and tapped my fingers against the side of my thigh twice. Our discreet way of me telling him I slipped into my headspace in public. Keith looked at my fingers and then faced Hunk as he walked closer to us. He looked calm, but I knew him better than that. Inside, he was fuming with rage. 

"Hi Hunk," Keith said calmly. His voice was too calm and it sent Hunk into a nervous overdrive. 

"H-hi Keith, I was wondering if I could talk to Lance." Hunk said. 

"You're talking to him right now aren't you," Keith said with crossed arms. 

"I meant privately," Hunk added. Keith hummed. 

"You know what I don't get? Why do have so much control over him? I legit am asking you if I could talk to my best friend, I shouldn't have to do that," Hunk suddenly said. Oh no.  "I swear, whatever you're doing to him is unfair. Think about he feels, you're like some drill sergeant watching over his soldier. It's militaristic almost. You're controlling him. Lance is an adult Keith, he's perfectly capable of watching over him-" 

"Hunk stop." I said. They both turned to look at me. I guess I snapped out of little space. "He's not controlling me, Keith knows I can take care of myself, and he's not being militaristic. He's not forcing me into doing anything? He's not scaring me into being disciplined, so no, militaristic isn't the right words to be used for your viewpoint of Keith and I. Keith's just..." I faltered. I didn't know if Keith wanted to tell them.

"I'm sorry Hunk, I guess I was being a little overprotective of my boyfriend." Keith said suddenly, stressing the word boyfriend. I looked at him shocked. He said it. Hunk's form visibly fell from his normally happy and positive posture to a gloomy slouch. 

"You're dating Keith? Of all people, why Keith? I came here to ask you out, wouldn't you rather be with me? Lance, I know everything about you! You're a tall, handsome, smart, 17 year old who deserves someone better than this anger-issued maniac." Hunk said. I suddenly felt defensive over Kieth.

"He's not a maniac Hunk, he's actually pretty sweet. Hunk, I've known you since I was..... 16, you're one of my best friends, I just... I can't see you being my... partner? My significant other?" I said.

"Why Keith? Why him over me?" Hunk yelled. I had tears threatening to spill, I hated when people were upset with me. 

"Because..." I felt Keith's hand go to my lower back and gently rub in a soothing motion, "because I love him," I said quietly. Keith looked at me with a bright smile. 

"I'm sorry Hunk, please don't hate me! I love you too, just.. not in the same way," I was crying now. Hunk looked heartbroken. It was all my fault. This whole time I had stayed seated knowing that if I stood, he'd find out about my stunts. 

"I could never hate you Lance, I just... I really thought we had something you know," Hunk said. I looked at my shoes. I feel bad. He's my best friend and he barely knows anything about me, quite contrary to what he thinks. And I just made him cry. Hunk walked out and I stood up. Keith already had his arms out for me. I cried into his t-shirt and he gently rubbed my back. 

"Let's go back to our room, yeah?" He asked. I nodded into his chest and he picked me up, cradling me as we walked back to our room. He immediately went to grab Scout, knowing I'd probably fall into little space soon. He handed him to me gently and I took him without hesitation. Keith sat on the bed with me in his arms. My crying had quieted, and I now had my light blue pacifier placed between my lips. It slowly bobbed up and down as I slowly suckled on it. It calmed me a bit. Keith hummed a lullaby and I snuggled into his warm embrace. On the wall my clock read 6:45 AM. We had some time before training began. 

"You can go back to sleep Lance, I'll wake you up before we have to get ready for training," Keith said quietly.

"Otay [sic]," I said around my pacifier. Keith smiled warmly and gently rocked me until I fell asleep.

                              "What will become of Hunk and I's friendship?"