Chapter 12: Worth It

Lee Jiwon's POV

They say that expect the unexpected. Life may be unfair but it is full of surprises in different ways either bad or good. And earlier, it surprised me to know that Jimin accepted me for who I am. I was surprised that he's really a nice person. He was really the Jimin that he showed me and introduced to me.

But it makes me want to keep myself even further from him. He doesn't deserve me. If I enter his life deeper than being friends, it will turn out to be chaotic because sooner or later, my secret will come out. No secret can ever be hidden forever.

I left the clinic after he said those moving words to me. If I were somehow like other girls, I might have fallen for it but I am not. I'm different. It moved me, yes, but I know my place and my limitations. The us that he wants cannot exist.

It can never happen.

He lets go of me. I walked quickly out of the clinic and didn't wait for him to speak more nor allowed him to stop me. I still have thirty minutes before my class resumes and I decided to come to the rooftop of our building.

The arrangement makes me calm. All the blooming flowers colorful and bright, my eyes is left satisfied. It reminds me of our garden when I still live with my parents.

Everyday, I watched my mom water her plants on the garden every morning. She really took care of them so much, like a baby that was so fragile. I always admired my mom. She looked so astonishingly beautiful; her fair skin was glowing under the sun, her long and silky raven black hair was flying and dancing with the morning wind, and her smile that was bright as if it could light up your world ㅡ an effortlessly beautiful woman.

I wonder why my father really got captured by that bitch who became the cause of our family falling apart.

How is my mother's garden now? I wonder if its beauty was maintained or that bitch destroyed it and it became a place for something new now.

Who wants a broken family? No one. But when he looked at me coldly with those eyes when I was begging for him to stay and when he left, I hated him.

My mother was all by herself. She was an only child from a not-so-wealthy family. Both my grandma and grandpa are dead so we have no where to go and mom was only left with not much of wealth from her parents and she used it for the apartment that we are staying in, the furniture and stuff and some for Dawon's education and mine.

When I was fifteen, I decided to have my own bank account. Little by little, she added probably 10,000 Won every month on that account until I helped her when I was eighteen but after her death, we used some of my money for her funeral and now, because of stripping, I add more money in my account. All of it for her and Dawon. All of it to fulfill her dying wish for Dawon and for me.

Realizing that I only had five minutes left for class, I decided to come down and go to my finance class.

"I heard Iris will be the opening dance for tonight. You going?" I heard Taehyung say to Jimin as I passed by the lockers. Dang it! I took a glance at him to see how he will react now that he knows that I am Iris.

"Hmmm, yeah," he said casually then avoided Taehyung's eyes. He suddenly smiled like weirdo, like a girl who got noticed by her crush. I sighed, shaking my head in disbelief before leaving the scene. Jimin is super weird... really really weird.

Dismissal time; I gasped after someone held my hand and took me with him. With the familiar masculine smell and back features, I somehow relaxed, knowing who the person was but I became confused. "Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"Just somewhere. Come with me," he answered. I stopped walking and took my hand back saying, "No."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to do something against your will, if that's what you're thinking."