Chapter 37: Reunion to Death

A/N: This chapter contains suicidal thoughts, suicide attempts and etc. Read at your own risk.

***

Mr. Lee was on his way to the hospital where Jimin had told him where his doctor was and he was hoping to finally see his children after so many years. The last time Jimin checked was when Dawon was still not back in the hospital and he never came back again, realizing that Jiwon didn't want to show herself to him anymore and after he saw her happy with someone else.

He asked people where the clinic of Dawon's doctor was and as he entered his clinic, he was greeted by the doctor who was probably in his early 50s. Luckily, the doctor did not have much patients that's why he was able to talk to him immediately.

"What may I help you with, sir?" The doctor asked after gesturing for Mr. Lee to take a sit on the chair in front of his desk.

"Lee Dawon is your patient with Leukemia, isn't he?" Mr. Lee asked immediately. The doctor nodded. "I'm Lee Yangwon, Dawon's father," he introduced himself.

"Oh!" The doctor exclaimed. "So you must be here to see if you will be a match for Dawon so he can undergo his bone marrow transplant already. It took you a while, Mr. Lee, but I'm glad that you're finally here."

"May I know what exactly is my son's condition?"

"Ms. Jiwon hasn't discussed it with you yet?" The doctor asked in confusion. Mr. Lee nodded. "We kind of have a family problem so we aren't able to discuss about it." The doctor didn't want to be nosy even if he got curious that's why he just proceeded in explaining to the man the case of Dawon and what he needs to be cured.

Mr. Lee left the hospital immediately after receiving a call from his secretary about an urgent meeting. He wants to cancel it and visit Dawon but the client was a very important one that he just decided to visit Dawon tomorrow and see the results of the test if he will be a match for Dawon.

Tomorrow felt like a year because of how much Mr. Lee has been wanting to see his son ㅡ wondering how well did he grow up even without him but hopefully, he can still fix everything and be a father to his children.

Mr. Lee quickly fixed himself and left the house to go to the hospital early in the morning just to visit Dawon and hopefully, see his daughter.

He quietly entered Dawon's room and he saw him still asleep. He decided to pass by the doctor's office and see if he already has the test results. He was nervous because he was scared of the possibilities of being not a match for his own son's bone marrow donor.

"You're early, Mr. Lee," the doctor greeted, quite surprised because he just came to work for like thirty minutes ago yet the father of his patient was inside his office.

"Is the result out?" He asked straight to the point. The doctor chuckled and he searched on the envelopes where his records were. He already knew the result but he wanted Mr. Lee to see it for himself. He handed it to Mr. Lee.

Quickly, he opened the envelope and pulled out the lab results. He teared up, holding the paper tightly after reading the it. He smiled widely, crying. "I'm a match."

He wiped his tears. "Perform the transplant as early as possible." He demanded the doctor. "My son needs to live. I still owe him alot."