CHAPTER THREE.

TO KILL A CHEERLEADER.

CHAPTER THREE.

        'Daddy, no!' I screamed.

        'Don't worry, hon. Mommy won't feel any pain,' Dad said solemnly.

        Dad had tied Mom to a chair and was now walking toward her with a knife.

        'You shouldn't have cheated on me, Lissa. Now look what's happening,' he said to Mom.

        'I didn't cheat!' Mom cried, 'It's all in your head!'

        'Don't lie to me, you bitch,' he screamed. 

        Ever since the past few days, Dad had been having some sort of paranoia that Mom was cheating. Guess what, he was right. That just made him... snap. He always had a problem dealing with situations. He would become aggressive and short tempered for the smallest situations, like not finding the car keys or if I came home late from school. 

        I had just come home from school, I had heard weird sounds coming from the basement, so I went to check.

        That's when I saw Dad with the knife going to kill Mom. 

        'No!' I screamed.

        I picked something up. I didn't know what it was. I ran straight up to Dad before he reached Mom and bashed the object into his head. Only then did I realize that the object was a hammer. I had just buried the side used to take out nails in my father's head. Both Mom and I screamed as Dad fell to the floor with a thud. He was dead.

        I had just killed my own father!

        'Melanie, quick! Call the police!' Mom exclaimed.

        And that's exactly what I did

***

        I gasped as I woke up. In case you're wondering, that wasn't a nightmare, it was a memory. That was the incident that caused Mom and I to move. That was the incident that caused all of my friends in my second school to stop talking to me. I guess they were scared of me.

        Suddenly, I remembered what those bastards did to me last night. They would show pictures of me naked to everyone in the school. Those mean, back-stabbing.....

        Wait a minute, how did I end up in my room? How did I get home?

        Then I realized that I didn't remember anything that happened after Zac had hit me with his fist. I also noticed that I was wearing clothes and wasn't naked. 

        Was it all a dream?

        I didn't have time to think about that, I was SO hungry. I HAD to eat something. 

        I looked at my alarm clock, it was 3 a.m.

        I walked straight to the kitchen and pulled open the refrigerator.

        'Dang it,' I said in disgust.

        Everything in the fridge had to be cooked in order to be eaten. I had to eat right now!

        I quickly pulled out some raw chicken. That's right, I was eating raw chicken. Uncooked. Oh God, it tasted so good! Suddenly, my eyes opened wide as I realized what I was doing.