CHAPTER SIX.

• Dedicated to Jeniffer Ramlochan.

TO KILL A CHEERLEADER.

CHAPTER SIX.

         When I walked into school on Monday, all eyes turned to me. I guess wearing a pink midriff top  and a jeans I had tailored to extend only one inch below my butt was working. These shoes were killing me, though. I managed to fake a smile as I walked down the hallway. 

        The boy whom I had planned to talk to ever since the first day looked at me with wide eyes. To tell the truth, he seemed surprised that I even bothered to look at him. I winked at him. His eyes went even wider. 

        Dave also gaped when he saw me. He was standing with some guys from the football team. I guess he was avoiding his secret-keeping-back-stabbing-lying friends. I waved at him and blew him a kiss. 

        I didn't plan to talk to him, yet. I was actually looking for Kelly, Zac and Jacob. 

        I found them. All three of them were huddled together in a corner. They were busy talking nervously. I don't think they saw me. They were probably busy stressing out about last Friday night. 

        I walked up to Kelly and tapped her on her shoulder.

        She turned around, and when she saw me, she let out a little squeak of astonishment. Both Zac and Jacob froze in fear. I would have mistaken them for mannequins.

        'Melanie?' Kelly asked in barely a whisper. 'You're alive?'

        'Yes,' I replied, mimicking her tone. 'Surprised?'

        Zac suddenly spoke up. 

        'He-Hey. We- We're sorry a-about Friday ni-night,' He stuttered. 

        'Yeah, it was an accident,' Jacob spoke up. 

        'We're really sorry,' Kelly apologized.

        'Oh no, honey. It's too late for apologizing ,' I said angrily. 

        With that, I walked away. A smile on my face. 

       ***

        'I wanna join the cheerleader squad. And not as the mascot, an actual cheerleader,' I said.

    'Okay, sure. You seem to have much potential,' Mrs. Romain, the teacher in charge of the cheerleaders, said. 

        Mrs. Romain was the teacher that signed persons up to be cheerleaders and she was supposed to go wherever the team went. She was the one who made sure nothing went wrong. She was around thirty, but she dressed like she was nineteen. She had a sweet face and her black hair was pulled back into a bun.

        'We have practice everyday after school. Sue Surelli is the head of the cheerleaders, and she'll be teaching you,' Mrs. Romain said matter-of-factly. 'Fill out this form and have your parents sign it. Bring it back tomorrow and you're in.' 

        'Thank you,' I said and collected the form. 

        I had decided that the best time to kill my enemies would be after school. I would join the squad, do some cheerleading practice with the other girls, and when practice was over, I would kill them one-by-one before they even reached home. 

        The bell rang and I went off to my first class, which was Mathematics. Dave and I were the only ones of the group that had Math class first period, so this was the perfect time to get Dave. I would flirt with him and soon he would be mine. I would have him forever and ever. Maybe I would bite him, and he would become a vampire like me, then nothing would stop us.