CHAPTER FOUR.

TO KILL A CHEERLEADER.

CHAPTER FOUR.

        It was like I was watching a movie.

        There I was, standing at a distance, watching myself. It was like I was there in spirit or something. 

        The other version of me was unconscious in Jacob's arms. Zac had just knocked me out with his fist. He had just stripped me naked. Kelly was busy taking pictures. 

        'These pictures will be a big hit,' Kelly said. 'Now she'll be known as "Melanie the Slut."'

        She let out an evil laugh. 

        Suddenly, the version of me in Jacob's arms woke up and started screaming. She bit Jacob's hand. He growled in pain and let go of her. 

        She ran straight at Kelly, full of rage. 

        The other me began clawing at Kelly. 

        Wow, I was in a cat fight last night. 

        Jacob and Zac pulled me off Kelly. But they let go of me too soon. I fell backwards and lost my balance. 

        A sickening crack was heard as the other version of me hit her head on a huge rock at the side of the road.

        My other version went limp. Looking closely, I saw there was blood on the rock.

        Realization hit me like a slap. 

        I died last night!

        'Oh my gosh! Is she dead?' Kelly asked. 

        'No, she can't be dead,' Jacob said in a quivering voice. 

        'We'll all go to jail for this!' Zac shouted, panicking. 

        'No, calm down,' Kelly said. 'We won't go to jail for her.'

        'Wh-What do you mean?' Zac asked, calming down a little. 

        'We have to hide the body. Her parents will think she ran away,' Kelly said. 

        'YOU WILL DO NO SUCH THING!' someone shouted out of nowhere. 

        Suddenly, Kelly, Zac and Jacob froze in place. The trees stopped moving because of the wind and the place went dead quiet. I didn't even hear any crickets chirping. Examining furthur, I saw that a leaf that was falling off a tree was frozen in mid-air. 

        All time had stopped! Everyone was frozen in place. 

        A man appeared out of thin air. He was the same man in the suit. 

        He bent over my dead body and whispered something. 

        My other version opened her eyes. 

        'Who are you?' she asked. 

        'Well, I have many names. But most people know me as the Grim Reaper. You died, Melanie. And i've come to take your soul,' he said solemnly.

        'No i'm not ready to die yet,' I had said. 

        The Grim Reaper smiled. 

        'I thought you might say that,' he said. 'That's why I'm going to make you an offer. This is against the rules, but I see much potential in you.'