The stone collectors

The first thing Tony opened his eyes was that everything was normal. He didn't know what he would expect, just that it would be the year 2012.

He took the helmet off and looked around, just to see Scott beside him with his helmet flipped up so his face could be seen.

"Did it work?" Tony asks, and Scott nods slowly. "Great, What now?"

"We have to figure out exactly where we are, and where in time. And Make sure to not be seen, we don't want people to think there are two of us"

They had landed in an alley Tony didn't recognize, but to be fair, Tony didn't really pay attention to alleys.

"Well, come on then Lang" Tony said and started walking so Scott barely had tome to shrink down and jump up on his shoulder. When they had left the alley, the first thing they saw was Avengers Tower. Or, at this point in time, Stark Tower.

"New York" Scott said. He had shrunken down and sat on Tony's shoulder since his suit would make people stare " Well that's convenient"

"Indeed" Tony said and tried to avoid eye contact with other people, even though no one seemed to pay attention to the two. "Where are you at this time?"

"Probably in jail" Tony stopped and gave Scott an odd look "It's a long story" Tony sighed and kept walking in hope to find someone or something to tell him when they are "Hey won't people think its strange that you're talking to yourself?"

"First, it would help if you didn't talk" Tony answered with an eye roll "And second, it's New York. People talking to themselves is the least strange thing you can find. Soon will this place be attacked by aliens and a power seeking god, that was sent by a mad titan who snapped his fingers so half the people in the universe turned to dust, including one of my best friends and a kid who just tried to save people, and that I loved who was taken away from me and-" Tony hadn't even noticed that he had raised his voice, or that it was harder to breath.

"Hey, you okay man?" Scott asked from his shoulder, and Tony just glared at him

"Yes, I'm feeling just perfect!" He said, his voice dripping with annoyance.

"Hey, you're not the only one who lost someone" He tilted his head at the genius, who just rolled his eyes

"Yes, I know"

The two walked in silence, or Tony did the walking, Scott just chilled on his shoulder, until they found a newspaper on the ground, showing the days date.

"27th April" Scott reads and looks at Tony "How many days until the attack on New York"

"It's...today"

---

After the arrival to the forties, Steve was more than excited, and Natasha enjoyed the tour he gave her of Brooklyn. At least every alley they passed he had a story to tell from it, about picking fights, being beaten up and James always saving him. He told proudly on the one time he actually managed to win a fight without his help, and Natasha laughed together with him.

Natasha was dressed in a light blue plaid A-line skirt and a white button down blouse, a terrible fashion choice if you ask her. Steve wore a white button-down shirt with a brown leather jacket, a pair of trousers and a grey hat. He did his best to hide his face, since around this time he is "Americas golden eagle" (Natasha's nickname) and everyone knows who he is.

"How will this work exactly?" Natasha asks after an hour of just wandering around

"The Tesseract is with Hydra, and it feels safer to take it before it falls into the ocean since neither of us can swim that deep in the Arctic" He almost whispers so no one will hear what they talk about, but that isn't really a problem since no one cares.