Chapter Twenty-three

Few days after Blake and Chris' encounter, school resumed but it's currently the third week since resumption.

Nothing much has changed. My college mates are still the same, no news. Many of us were still anticipating our last semester results which were yet to be released. It was a whole mess last semester so I hoped I came out good like always if not — 'Lord-rescue-me'.

It's pretty difficult seeing Blake in school. Of course it'll be hard since the school is large and we are courses apart. I've been trying to keep an eye on him but it doesn't always worked out. I was just scared of being viewed differently from all other students. Married students at our school were mature adults which made me probably the only married teenager on the brink of adulthood.

Talking of Chris – He's been really busy lately which leaves me craving more of his presence. But on the good side—Chris hardly meets Blake except for a day when Blake held my waist right in front of him.

At first I wasn't expecting Chris to get so mad about it but when I saw the blaze in his eyes, something told me otherwise. Chris' glare turned to daggers shot directly at Blake who seemed to enjoy his actions.

Flashback -------------
A week ago.

A smile broke on my face once I heard a knock on the door. I was expecting Chris this afternoon since he said he was going to come see me.

The excitement on my face died down on opening the door– sighting the unexpected at the door entrance. The smile on my face slowly retreated to it's original size if not smaller. The unwelcomed guest lifted up his right brow.

"You could at least put on a smile for your visitor. Or are you expecting your boyfriend?" He snickered, shaking his bowed head.

I scowled at him, "Can't a guy mean something more worthy to a lady than a mere boyfriend or lover?" I said irritably.

"Not in the world you and I live" He said, his half smile completing his expression.

I folded my arms across my chest, stepping out of the house as the door drew slowly close.

"Or you mean, in the world you live" I gave him a mocking smirk.

"Could you be anymore interesting?" He said, hovering over me while bringing his face closer. I backed away. Fits of laughter filled the porch with Blake clutching onto his stomach in a bent position. I looked away, blinking slightly at the embarrassment.

After being able to capture back his composure a bit, he stood straight but his right hand stretched out to the wall while the other still held loosely on his stomach. His shoulders were still trying not to shake but they still were.

"You know you should stop pretending to be tough...." he snickers.
"....cause you still are chicken. I mean I didn't even want to kiss you but you were ready to melt down to earth" He said between his broken laugh.

The gate opened to reveal Chris stepping into the compound. I mentally bit my lip. Drama is ready to unfold itself. Blake turned to the side, a smile stretching on his sun kissed face as he stared at Chris. Chris on his part was gazing at us in a surprised way, walking into the compound while pocketing his phone.

He was in his formal white shirt tucked in his black tailored trousers. It looks like he just came directly from work. I stood at my position and smiled, ready to welcome him. The smile on his face gave me a good feeling that he wasn't mad.