Chapter Twenty-four

I glanced at my wrist watch, it read 3:21 pm. Lectures ended really late than I expected.

Soon I'll be doing my internship and that I mean will interfere with my schedule. Few minutes from now I'll be going to work and here I am, strolling with a bunch of fellow mates.

The sun was still bright and crowds of students were walking to the main gate which was meters away. Some were walking like me, some were lucky to use shuttle while some used that opportunity to meet new friends.

I was in a group of this popular set of anatomy students - chatting with only a minority of them. I love the group for one thing -they were cool.

I decided on calling Chris but I said no. Immediately it slipped off my mind, my phone rang.

Chris!

Does this guy know what he's doing to me? And dang, he's already in school. There is no saying no to his request now. He called to know exactly where I was so I gave him directions until he finally made it.

I swear I was shy, really shy looking at the tall figure walking towards me with a phone to his ear. A smile caked on my lips as I drew the 5.9inches phone off my ear, hanging up.

"That was a long walk, Eddy" He said with a smile as he reached were I was.

"Yeah I know, especially under this sun" I huffed, looking up into the sky but immediately shut my eyes from the rays of the sun.

Many heads turned to look at Chris, probably because it's their first time of seeing him. I bade my cool new friends bye while I walked with Chris.

Chris held my hand for the second time, sending life chills down my whole body in a jiffy. I caught people staring at the both of us with the corner of my eye. Both of us walked with our hands still holding until we arrived at the gate. There we got into his car.

"You're almost late you know that?" Chris said, pressing on the gas.

"Yeah I do know that" I pouted. "Thanks for coming anyway. If it weren't for you I would be reprimanded at work today" I said, resting my head on the headrest.

"It's my pleasure as always" He smiled, the front row of his teeth showing.

So beautiful

Parking by the space meant for vehicle at Buildteck corp, I felt the awkward moment as we sat quietly. I'm sure Chris wanted to say something just like I did but couldn't. My mouth moved in an attempt to thank him but it was difficult. All I wanted now was to look into his eyes or have his lips brush against mine but no I still couldn't do that.

I don't want a relationship that will fade with time so it'll be better if we just remain friends.

"Umm..... I-I better be going" I pointed my thumb towards outside, placing my free hand on the door knob nervously.

"Eddy..." Chris called out, his fingers coiled on my arm. My heart pounded violently against my rips. I set my eyes on his hand which was holding onto my left arm. I was so nervous to look at his face- why?

He let go of my arm once he realized I was staring only at that. I looked up to see the also nervous look in his eyes.

Why are you nervous Chris?

"Don't worry" He said, gripping onto the steering wheel.

"Okay... See you tomorrow" I said, opening the door to the car and leaving Chris behind.

What's wrong with Chris? I hope he is okay. But I doubt he is with the way he is acting. I also hope it isn't something to worry about.

I didn't wait to see him drive off, I just don't know why. I couldn't even thank him properly. Sighing, I walked into the building, greeting the receptionist on my way to the office without much smile.