Chapter Twenty-five

My eyes glanced up the clock at my right on the milky painted wall. It was now 7:23 in the morning.

Still on the bed and my eyes squinting low, I found it hard to get up. I felt the throbbing of my head against the pillow. I was fine last night but it started early this morning about 3:49, right after reading part of my book. It just wouldn't stop even after taking a dose of paracetamol.

I feel really bad about what happened two days back between Chris and me. He shouldn't have behaved that way towards me. Right after I came back home, the tears I stifled after hitting the road came back in full effect. I remember curling up in a ball on the bed and letting my eyes swim in its salty fluid for hours.

The next day Chris called but I refused to pick his calls. What he did was really upsetting. But on the other hand I felt helpless not helping him. As a friend, I'm supposed to see his problem but I can't. I can't figure it out like that. And secondly he wasn't even helping. This is so much confusing.

The beat of 'No Broken heart' by Bebe Rexha filled the room. I recently got that ringing tune to keep my mind off Chris actually.

Since my phone was lying next to me close to the pillow, I grabbed it. And without checking the caller, I moved the answer button, placing it to my ear.

"Girlie good morning" A tiny voice squealed over the phone.

Immediately recognizing the voice, a smile broke on my lips. "Good morning youngie. What's with the excitement?" I asked, trying to sound as well as possible.

"Oh Eddy" She squealed. "I'm going to a party!" A loud blast of exclamation sang through the phone.

I tried to withhold my laughter. Is she excited for just a party?

"Okay okay Jacklyn. Since when did you start attending parties or even finding it interesting?" My eyelids blinked towards the ceiling.

"Since today" She said.

"okayyy..." The word drawled through a small laugh. "What's going on?"

"I can't believe it, I'm literally going to a party with a special someone. And Grace is going to be there. I can't wait for you to come or are you coming?" She asked enthusiastically.

"Sorry Jacklyn, I don't think I'll be able to make it. I hope it isn't a night party?"

"Don't ask. Eek!" She squeaked in excitement. "I was thinking, is there lecture today?" She asked, her voice a little less excited.

"No, there won't be" I said, shutting my eyes to drown my pain.

"Sweet! Bye. *Mwah*" She kissed before hanging up.

I held my phone in my hand, debating whether or not I should call my boss. What if I get well before the evening, I hate skipping work for stupid reasons.
I loved my part time job because of the lively atmosphere it possessed. Not that I enjoyed the stress it gives.

Suddenly I felt the urge to vomit but couldn't. I didn't want to spend my day on bed so I forced myself out of it. But the weakness of my legs pushed me back to sit on my bottom on the soft bed. It took me a few more strength to pull myself together.

Immediately done with bathing, the sickness left me. I was clearly surprised. Wow my day's going to be great.

I took a bottle of water with me before leaving for  morning walk.

*****

Chris' Pov

Before I could knock on her door, I felt my hands shaking in anxiety. What if she doesn't want to see me? What if she's still mad at me? What if....