Chapter Thirty-six

Chris' POV

Have anyone ever been in a situation where you are just restless and unable to concentrate with anything? Well I was in a dilemma.

I know I had let Eddy go for the night out, I didn't want her feeling restricted around me thereby distancing herself from me. It got to me when I found out she wasn't going with any of her friends – that's when I panicked. What if something bad was to happen to her?

And it worsened when I got a text from her after so many calls which I was always thrown to voicemail. At a point I got annoyed with the whole situation.

*Please come get me out of here... Please* Seeing the text, I jumped to my feet and rushed out of the house in just a jersey and khaki shorts. That didn't much cause for an alarm but it was worth it.

With the location set, I drove out of the compound with the hope she's okay. Finally arriving the venue which lasted twenty minutes, I packed my car outside and got out. I wasn't willing to go into a party with a jersey and shorts.

Taking my phone out of my pocket, I called her. My heart faltered for a second when I heard her line was switched off. No no no.

Trying again many times over, I finally decided this wasn't helping. Relaxing, I took a deep breath in and out, putting out my hand in front of me to be placed on the top of the car and dropping my head while trying to calm my anxiety.

Going into the compound, my eyes scanned the environment. There were lots of people scattered around in thick mass. Maybe I am overreacting.

There was a familiarity in the feeling that hit me, making me recall the countless times I've been in such a gathering. Looking around into the faces of people I couldn't recognize, I grew a little more nervous. She should be somewhere here.

Going deeper into the crowd while inhaling thick smoke from cigarettes and drunk breathes, I searched more and more but to no avail. Ladies were rarely tall here and I didn't bother looking for the tall ones instead paid more attention to the average height females.

Looking down and forward while still craning my neck didn't bring anything good from the search. It was pointless asking around because people were drunk and hopelessly grinning against each other like their lives depended on it. I tried her phone number again only to be told the same story.

I started asking those who didn't trip over themselves but no one answered me instead gave me no attention as it was situated on their partners and to worsen everything, there was not enough light to see faces clearly. Deciding to go closer to the sides couches were, I was a little appreciative that I found people who weren't that drunk.

A girl with long blond extension put a hand on my shoulder and turned me around to face her. She was smiling with both hands on my shoulder. Biting the inner corner of her lip, she dropped down slowly but I caught her hands before she reached where she intended. Lowering to her level, I whispered.

"I'm not here for the party, I'm looking for someone." She stood up straight, but fell closer to my chest, placing her hands on it.

"It's been long I've felt one so strong." She slurred, groping  my chest. She's hopeless.

I took hold of her palms, departing them from my body but she ended up leaning on me. My left eyebrow shoot upwards when I had an inkling of what she was about to do so I turned her back to me.

"I'm looking for a girl named Eddy, you've heard that name before?" She tensed against my chest, being quiet for a few seconds.

"Eddy? You know her?" She asked, her voice clearer now. For the first time in hours I've felt hopeful.