Chapter Thirty-five

Lifting my hair up, I stared myself in the mirror but honestly couldn't recognize me. Dropping it down to my shoulders, I heaved, turning behind to Jacklyn who looked like she was studying my makeup.

"I don't look myself." I told her and she nodded.

"But it sure looks good on you. It's just that I don't want it to totally cover your actual good looks." She said, looking down at me, then swirling me around to the mirror.

She had to redo the makeup, adding this time a little makeup so I look a little natural. Facing the person in the mirror, I flushed with redness and pride. Okay I think I should be doing this. If only you can. I giggled to myself.

"Please don't tell me that's not okay. You'll be mocking my skills." She said, her hands on the sides of my shoulder.

"It's okay Jacklyn.. I prefer it to the first one." I smiled, putting both hands on my cheeks and getting up.

"Seriously you've never looked this good before on any casual.. This outfit is so perfect on you." She stared at my outfit, a lot of admiration in those ebony eyes. I loved the outfit but never planned on wearing it to school. It was a ripped high-waisted jeans below a little oversized blouse that had white and black stripes running along it and tucked in the jeans. I felt different, so different that it made me feel so much confidence.

"Love your sneakers by the way." She said, taking my attention to my feet. I smiled at her, putting my hands on her shoulder.

"If you want it, I could hand it over to you after the outing." I grinned. She wasn't one that appreciated already used things. She elbowed my stomach softly but I don't know how it ended up hurting me. I bent in pain, hissing thereby bringing her attention to me.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry Eddy.. I forget you're a girl." She tried holding me up, sitting me down on the bed. "Does it hurt?" She asked. Once the question was asked, I looked up at her in a look to let her know she asked a very stupid question.

"You look constipated.." She tucked in her lips between her teeth to prevent her from bursting into series of laughter. I pushed her off the bed which she fell, sitting on the floor and laughing her lungs out.

"Should have known you did that on purpose.." I said, throwing a pillow on her. Letting the pillow hit her, she grabbed it after and laid on it still laughing.

Some minutes after, a honk was heard outside. Both of us stopped what we doing and starting packing. Jacklyn carried her things while I took hold of my small gray bag, hanging it over my shoulder.

I was nervous now, Chris agreed to come pick me up immediately after the outing so he's not the one picking me up right now. I looked over at the clock. It was just a few minutes to six.

As we both made our way out of the gate, I found Blake bouncing over to us. "Looks like someone wants to get into another trouble." He said, finally reaching us. I gave him a fake but serious glare.

"Hi Blake," Greeted Jacklyn. Blake immediately turned to his side, and caught Jacklyn standing close by the car.

"Hey...If it isn't the lost girl." He smirked, striding over to her. The smile on Jacklyn's face faded, replaced with a scowl.

"I wasn't lost.. It's just your connotation." She said, her hand on her waist. He lifted a left brow in amusement and then raised up his hands in surrender.

I pushed past him and opened the door to the vehicle. Jacklyn climbed and got in while I followed behind. Settling in, I gave him a small smile.. "I'll be just fine tonight. Thanks again." I said as I closed the door. I saw him shrug before the vehicle moved away from him.