Chapter Thirty-three

Instinctively I looked ahead and when I did, I swear my muscles clenched for a second. Though they were meters away, there was no way we wouldn't cross paths.

"Eddy don't say a thing no matter what they do. I'll handle this on my own. Did I make myself clear?" He asked, still looking ahead.

One of the guys caught Blake's eyes with his and stopped staggering, supporting his weight on one leg. Almost all the guys were looking drunk but that's not the scary thing about it. In this drunk state they could do anything with the way they look. First impression counts.

As we drew closer, I noticed they all had tattoos on their arm like it was some sort of code. They were all either sporty or heavily muscular and for the first time I feared for Blake and myself. There was no way he could stand against these people.

Three in the group of seven had long dreadlocks in a rugged style. And this same three were sporty and they looked like the alcohol is not affecting them. I looked around and noticed people didn't take their path.

The closer they got, the more the stench of cigarettes filled the air. The smoke swirled around them, giving off a bad vibe. Praying we get past this people, we made an attempt but they all stopped us. Something snapped inside me, I held Blake's hand tighter than before.

The one that stopped when he sighted us and looked like the leader got to Blake first, coming closer to him and since Blake is taller, he had to look up. Others just stood, looking straight at us. The leader inhaled his cigarette and exhaled the smoke on Blake's face who didn't flinch.

"Why do we always cross paths. I guess you like danger." He flicked his finger on Blake's forehead who grimaced a bit and since I heard the sound, then it was certainly painful.

He moved his eyes to me causing me to immediately freeze, my breath unsteady. As if on cue, all of them did same.

"And what do we have here?" He said, circling around me. My effort to keep a straight face failed because I'm sure I flinched. "Is she yours?" He asked Blake, still standing at my back.

I rose my head to meet Blake's eyes on all his followers who started surrounding us. "I'll answer if you talk right next to me." He said and immediately I understood what he did.

I heard him heave, walking back to Blake's front. He looked down at our hands and I panicked, gripping Blake's hands more. "What is love?" The guy smirked, crossing his arms.

"She's my boss' daughter. Do what you want to do with me, don't look her way." I looked at the guys whose eyes were all at me like I was some doll.

"She's an image you know that? I see daddy's little princess wants to be rebellious." He said to me but I didn't maintain eye contact.

"Leave her out of this." Said Blake.

"Of course." Said the leader slapping against Blake's chest. That pushed Blake backwards a bit. Two guys came towards us while the leader drew backwards, putting his cigarette back to his mouth.

"Don't try sh*t." Said the muscular one to Blake, groping his pockets. On reaching his pants, he slipped his hands into Blake's pocket, bringing out his wallet and his phone.

God we are being robbed. Oh God

"Thanks for the iPhone man." The leader said after receiving the phone from the second man. Opening the wallet, he grinned widely. "That's why I love you." He chuckled, removing all the money in the wallet and handing the empty wallet back to Blake.

"I love your Jacket." Said the leader, coming closer to Blake again. He groped, stopping suddenly and feeling that particular area. Opening the left side of the jacket revealed the left side of Blake's chest. He digged his fingers into the small part of the jacket and smiled mischievously. Bringing out a weapon, my heart dropped.