Babysit

Enjoy!

Shego let out a sigh as she put her sai down bored after a while of throwing it at Nick's head. A moment of silence past, Nick decided to take his chances and talk her into releasing him.

"Okay so is this the part where you are actually the nice one from everyone else and let's me go?"

He asked sheepishly. Shego glared at him before getting a cigarette stick that was on her Father's desk. She lit it up. Nick raised an eyebrow at her.

"You know you are way too young to be smoking right?"

He said. Shego walked up to him with the cigarette and pressed it against Nick's arm as it burned into his fur and skin. Nick screams in pain. When Shego finally decided to pull away.  Nick panted and looked to his arm that had a small circle hole.

"I guess not"

He said breathlessly. He cleared up his throat.

"So what's your name?"

"Shego"

"Alright ladies and gentlemen we have a talker here"

He said. Shego smirk at him.

"You sure do like to hear yourself talk"

"Well I have to because I'm sure I'm gonna die soon, so might as well talk"

"Touché"

"So tell me about yourself?"

"What do you want to know?"

She asked as she looked down at her lap.

"How did you got yourself into this mess?"

"What mess? This is family"

"Alright don't kid yourself, I know that guy you call father isn't exactly your father, is he?"

"He's my foster father"

"Really? What happened to your parents?"

"My mother died giving birth to me, I don't know my biological father, but he's good as gone"

"Well it's nice that your foster father adopted you..."

"He adopted me because he needed someone like me to fool someone like you"

She said cutting him off. Nick look down at himself.

"Mission accomplished"

He said as he looked back to her. Shego then gaze back to Nick.

"But he is the closest that I know of loving me as a parent should"

Nick look to her with a smirk.

"Look how about we make this easier on both of us, if you just let me go"

"Why should I?"

"Let's face it sweetheart, once I get out of here you and your so call family will get locked up and you will probably end up in the orphanage"

"That's if you get out of here"

Shego said returning the exact same smirk.

"Enough about me, what about you?"

She asked. Nick smiled at her.

"Well I was once like you"

"Really?"

"I was emotional, weak and through life I learned that never let 'em see that they get to you. Which is why I see you are trying to be tough, you are no better than them...Ah!"

Nick quickly ducked his head as he saw the sai coming straight towards him.

"Stop doing that"

He panted as he looked to Shego who was glaring hard at him.

"It makes me better than them. I can drive, I know how to provide my own food, I know how to survive, I know how to stand my own ground and I certainly don't need anyone to look down on me or feel sorry for me"

"What exactly are you trying to prove? Why are you so against the world?"

Shego remained quiet as she turned around and crossed her arms over her chest. Nick smiled as he saw he getting through to her.

"If the world's only gonna see a fox as shifty and untrustworthy, there's no point in trying to be anything else. Am I right? Because I used to think that way. This world is pretty big Shego and one day you will find your place in this world. The whole world can turn their backs on you but the only person that stands in your way is you"

He said quietly. At those words, Shego slowly turn back around to face him.

"Then why are you a cop?"

She asked lowly

"It was an accident and a long story"

"You're not going anywhere, remember"

She said with a smirk. Nick smiled.

"Right. Well it started with this cop Judy who is my partner..."

"Judy....Judy Hoops? The bunny is your partner?"

"Yeah how do you know?"

"Well duh everyone knows about her, she almost split Zootopia apart for 'making the world a better place' nonesense"

"Hey she didn't mean for it to go down that road, besides it was for the greater good"

"But it did, and for what greater good? It just shows that she is at the bottom of the animal kingdom"

"This is no jungle..."

"But everyone sure does act like it. Look I'm just saying all it takes is one bad day to realize that everything you ever hope for is nothing but a fairy tale"

"That's what I used to think"

Shego looked to him with a raised eyebrow.

"So what did you used to do before you became a cop?"

She asked. Nick grinned.

"Believe it or not but I used to be a con-artist"

Shego got a bit closer to Nick.

"No way, you"

Nick laughs.

"Of course I would. My friend and I would elaborate scheme in which we melt down the Jumbo-pop to create dozens of pawpsicle, selling them to lemmings at less than the original price, and recycling the popsicles' sticks to sell to mice for construction in Little Rodentia."

"Very clever"

Shego said clapping

"Thank you, thank you, I do take full credit for that"

He said with a smile. Before Shego can comment, the door slammed open scaring Nick and Shego, it turned out to be the boss and along with the other wolves and he was pissed. Shego quickly stepped away from Nick and Nick quickly shut his eyes as the boss walked passed him and to the desk and flipped it over giving out a yell of anger. The warehouse was completely quiet. The boss was panting and looked to Nick walking towards him.

"You set us up"

He said angrily standing over Nick.

A/N Rate and Comment