Orphanage

Enjoy!

It's been three days since Shego was placed back into the orphanage and already she was planning her escape. She sat on the bed, her knees pulled to her chest and her tail wrapped around her as a comfort. Little did Shego knows is that she was receiving a visitor.

"Is she still here?"

"Yes, the poor dear she wouldn't let anyone get close to her not even a family that was close to adopting her"

"So nobody adopted her yet or any process paper yet?"

He asked.

"She wouldn't let anyone get close to her or even giving her, her lunch is difficult"

"How so?"

"Everytime when they try to give her, her meal time she throws the food at the staff. If you ask me, it's better that she starves"

Nick glared at the staff but said nothing. A moment of silence past.

"Would you still like to see her?"

"Yes please and get the adoption paper ready, will you"

"Certainly, please follow me"

There was a knock on the door.

"Ms. Green, you have a visitor and I hope you be on your best behavior and not scare this one away"

The staff said. At those words Shego scoffs and rolled her eyes as she buried her face to her knees. The door open then closed. Shego heard the sound of footsteps coming near her bed and the weight of the bed went down. She heard a male's sigh.

"I'm sorry, Shego"

The familiar voice said. Shego immediately looked up and saw Nick grinning at her, she glared at him before crossing her arms on top of her knees and lay her head on her arm looking away from him.

"Look I know you're mad at me and I don't blame you but I'm here now"

He said quietly.

"You promised me I wouldn't come back here"

Shego replied just as quietly before glancing at Nick.

"You forgot about me"

"It wasn't on purpose..."

"Then why?"

She asked. Nick scratched the back of his neck.

"It got complicated when I went to the police station. I had to write a long report, friends and the Chief were questioning me but let's not forget it happened in the middle of the night. I also needed to rest"

"And I was awaken from my slumber in the middle of the night"

Nick let out a sigh as he sadly glanced at the ground and looked around before glancing back at the ground.

"I'm sorry Shego, really I am, putting you back in here was the last thing I want to put you through all over again"

Shego felt her eyes began to tear up as Nick continued to talk.

"I was being selfish that night, but everything just went through a rush but that is still no excuse because I broke my promise to you. I know you're mad, sad and scared, I would be too if I was in your shoes."

He said as he looked back at her. He stretched out his arms to her. The tears began to fall from Shego's eyes as she unwrap herself and made her way closer to Nick until she was sitting on his lap. Nick slightly smiled and held her as he continue to give her the comfort that she needs.

"I just want you to know that I will try to keep my promises, for now on"

Shego sniffled as she wiped her tears as she pulled away slightly and looked to Nick.

"I don't like getting close to people because they always leave or let me down just like you did. You made me open up and everything just for you to leave me. I gave you a chance, but now I know I can not trust anybody"

"Hey come on, you can still trust me"

Shego scoffs.

"Yeah and look how that turned out"

"Because for now on I'm not going to let you out of my sight. I'm really am sorry Shego, forgive me"

Shego nodded as she wiped her tears until she was clean and wrapped her arms around his neck. Nick was surprise by the embrace but nonetheless welcome the hug as he rubbed her back soothingly.

"I forgive you and don't make me cry ever again"

'Just for today'

Nick smirk with that thought.

"Awww it's okay"

After a minute has a passed, Shego pulled away and got off his lap.

"So what's the next step?"

"Well first we have to head back to the police station"

"That's not what I meant, I mean like how exactly am I going to get out of here? This place is kind of strict and they behave security outside my door in case I try anything funny"

She said as she leaned on one side of her leg and crossed both her arms over her chest. Nick smiled as he stood up.

"Then I guess there is only one solution left, follow me"

Shego unfolded her arms and looked to Nick with wide eyes.

"What?"

Nick went to the door and opened it and looked back to her.

"Trust me"

He said with a wink. Shego raised an eyebrow and slowly followed behind him. They soon walked down the hallway and down the stairs until they reached the administration office. Nick smiled as he opened the door for her allowing her to go first.

"Is this some trick?"

She asked looking into the office.

"I wouldn't dream of it besides I did promised right? Nothing is going to happen to you"

Nick and Shego sat on the two chairs facing the desk, until a door opened to reveal the mistress of the orphanage. She sat down in front of them and placed a couple of papers on the desk. She folded her hands together and looked to Nick.

"Are you certain you want to do this Mr. Wilde?"

She asked. Nick looked to Shego with a smile and then turn back to the mistress.

"Definitely"

Shego raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What's going on here?"

She asked.

A/N Rate and Comment