-chapter 14 ➵ obvious-

Yejin's POV

I woke up to go to school (obviously) and when I went downstairs, I saw a tower of pancakes on my dining table. It wasn't that tall, just about four pancakes. There was no maple syrup.

I saw a note under the plate so I took it and read.

I came over to cook you breakfast :) enjoy <3

-Nanny

I smiled at the note and set it aside on the table. I sat down and ate the pancake Nanny made for me. After I finished, I washed up and changed to my uniform. I wore my bag, put my phone in my pocket and went to school.

I was just walking boredly to the building when I saw Haechan sitting on a bench in the garden. I wasn't in the mood to talk or chat, so I went straight for the building.

That was stupid when you try to avoid someone.

"Yejin!" I stood and turned around to look at Haechan. "Yeah?" He just smiled and placed his hand on my hair. I took his hand and dragged it down. "Can you stop doing that? I'm not a kid." I said.

He shrugged. "You have a nanny." I flicked his hand away then he lost his smile. "Why aren't you smiling?" He tried to curve my lips into a smile, but I just pulled up a poker face. "Did I get you pissed last night?"

I shook my head. "It's not that." I replied with a low voice. He suddenly grabbed my hand and said, "Come on" before dragging me to I don't know where in the freaking building.

We ended up in the rooftop. "Ugh, fuck you, Haechan. I'm tired with all that running!" I smacked his back when we finally reached the top. He just laughed at what I said and led me near the edge.

"Breathe." He told me. I looked at him weirdly. "I am." He chuckled and I felt the wind brushing on my face. "That's what I mean. You need air." (a/n: the boyz said 'no air' and 'no no breathing')

I inhaled then exhaled. It made me feel better. "Now, you're smiling. Always smile, it looks good on you." He said. I glanced at him and his hair was slowly bouncing softly because of the wind.

The bell rang and Haechan and I looked at each other. "Let's go." He tried to grab my hand but I pulled it back. "Don't dare, bitch. I can walk by myself." He laughed at my reaction and instead placed a hand on my shoulder.

We went to our room and while in the hallway, we passed by Jonseol, and she was glaring at me. Haechan leaned his face on her when he saw that she was glaring at me and she backed away, embarrassed.

Haechan scoffed. "She deserved that for glaring at my bestfriend." I snorted at his words. "Please."

"Mr. Lee, Ms. Jeon, do you have any plans on entering the room?" I pushed Haechan away from me and entered the room first. "I'm sorry, Sir." I smiled and walked to my seat.

Haechan entered the room, exhaling repeatedly. "I'm sorry, Sir. Yejin pushed me." He said and glared at me with matching pout. The girls around me squealed except for Younghee.

Talking about Younghee, she was giving me that look. Haechan marched next to me and we all greeted Mr. Seo. We settled down after greeting him and the class started.

•••

I might've slept in our subject before lunch time because Haechan was trying to wake me up. I felt him move my body back and forth. "Yejin, wake up. It's lunch time."

I suddenly heard a sharp noise, making me cover my ears. I looked up and saw Younghee brushing her finger on a styrofoam. "Stop it. It sounds weird." I said.

Haechan high-fived with her. "Thanks, Younghee!" She smiled and replied a 'you're welcome' and left. "By the way, take care of Yejin." Younghee added and winked at Haechan.

He waved goodbye at Younghee and the latter left. I looked at Haechan. "You know, that hurts my ears." I said and stood up, wearing my bag. "I'm sorry. You won't wake up."

I rolled my eyes. "That doesn't mean you have to do that." I said. He looked outside the door, checking if there are no other students. "What are you looking at?" I asked.

He looked at me and smiled before pulling me by my waist, landing his lips on mine. He immediately pulled away, giving me a boyish grin. "What the hell!" I whisper-shouted and gave him a look.

"Why the freaking hell did you do that?!"

"I wanted to, and remember what you texted me?" He raised his eyebrows up and down. I clicked my tongue and dragged him out of the room. My heart beat suddenly became rapid when Haechan's friends were waiting outside.

"What took you guys so long?" Chenle asked and gave us that look. I raised a middle finger at him and he just laughed at that. "I was asleep and this asshole tried to wake me up." I replied.

"Bold of you to call me asshole even though I was the one who literally tried to wake you up." I rolled my eyes and the boys suddenly went 'yiiee'. I looked at them and they were teasing Renjun.

They bumped into him repeatedly. "You guys are squishing Renjun up," I said and chuckled because everyone was literally covering the little boy. "It's cute." I muttered.

They hit on Renjun again, saying,

"Bro, she said you're cute."

"Duuude, you're literally getting it."

"You're so obvious, Moomin."

"You like Moomin?" I asked and Renjun's face suddenly went red. The other boys laughed while Haechan fell to the floor. "I-It's not like that.." He tried to explain.

I smiled and folded my arms. "I like Moomin, too." I said and he looked down. Haechan lifted Renjun up and placed him on his shoulders. I laughed at Renjun's reaction. "Haechan, put me down!"

"Nah-ah, shorty."

Haechan jumped up and down, making Renjun bounce, too. "His balls might've been squished right now." Mark said and the boys broke into howls of laughter.

"It is." Renjun replied and smiled a little, trying to hold back the pain. "Y'all wanna eat or just let Renjun experience hell?"

They responded with the second choice.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "I'm leaving, dumb asses." I said and walked away.

"Hold up, Yejin!"

"Put me down first, bastard!"

•••