-chapter 21 ➵ fuck me-

Yejin's POV

Nanny and I stepped in the car and the driver back to the house. "Is Soyeon unnie already in the house or..?" I paused halfway from asking the driver. "She will arrive at dinner, Miss." He replied.

"Oh, alright." I nodded to myself. It's been so long since I was in the mansion. As I said, I only go home if my parents or sister are around, but they were mostly out of the country.

We arrived in the mansion and the car halted in front of the stairs. Nanny and I went off and climbed the flight of it. I was gonna knock on the huge wooden door when it opened. The maid bowed and said, "Welcome home, Miss" before the two doors opened wide.

Nanny and I walked inside and walked the long ass hallway leading to the first living room. She suddenly nudged me and I raised a brow at her. "You know, I should probably walk alongside you."

"Why?"

"They treat me like the way they treat you." I chuckled at her comment and we entered the first living room. "Panda, I'm going. You're gonna be fine, right?" Nanny asked and tapped my arm softly.

I smiled. "Yeah. Thank you, Nanny." I hugged her and she left. I looked back at the living room and sighed, missing the feeling of the house. A familiar figure was resting on the couch, reading piles of documents. Definitely not my father, of course.

There was my cousin, Jungkook, reading some of his business documents. "You're here?" I asked out of the blue. Jungkook looked up at me and arranged his specs. "I heard Soyeon will be back." He avoided my question.

I nodded. "She'll arrive at dinner." I wanted to ask him what he was doing but he was still busy reading the papers. "What are those?" I asked and slumped on a chair in front of him.

"I'm reading a chapter that my editor worked on earlier." He said and read further. "Are you the one who made that?" Jungkook shook his head. "The plot interested me."

"Oh, so you like books now?"

"Stories."

"Whatever."

"Miss Yejin," I looked at the maid that called me. "Should we prepare your bedroom?" I nodded. "Yes, please. And also prepare midnight snacks. Send them in the usual time." She nodded and left for the kitchen.

When I looked back at what Jungkook is doing, he was giving me a look. "Can you give me some, too?" He cutely asked even though he has literally grown old. Yeah, I mean, he's just in his 20s but who cares? I'm seventeen.

"You're staying here?" He rolled his eyes. "I've been staying here ever since you left for your apartment. My parents too are sometimes out of the country, and I can't just go back to America."

I waved my hand. "Yeah, whatever." He gave me a glare. "Stop saying 'whatever'
to me, you uncultured swine." I rolled my eyes then a maid walked in front of us. "Sir, Miss. Dinner is served."

Jungkook and I stood up in unison and walked to the dining room. We chose our own seats and yeah, we're far from each other. We're not close. Not close enough, but we still talk, just checking each other if the other is still alive (a/n: definitely me and my brothers).

Later on, the familiar clacking of shoes rang in my ears. That would be no other than my sister. "Oh, well." I heard Jungkook exclaim in a calm manner. I turned around and Soyeon unnie walked in with her chin up.

"Unnie!" I stood up and ran towards her. She opened her arms, letting me give her my same bear hug. "I miss you so much, unnie~." I buried my face on her shoulder while she patted my back. "I miss you, too, my lil' dongsaeng," She broke the hug and cupped my cheeks.