Chapter 2

Snow's POV 

I fell asleep shortly after dinner. After a few hours I woke up from a nightmare. I whimpered and climbed out of bed. I walked down the stairs before I was hit with a bitter, metallic stench. I gagged and dry heaved, before running around and trying to find Daddy. I soon found Mommy, but not Daddy. I smiled at Mommy.

"Mommy? 'W-whewe's Daddy?" I asked, a bit more calm now that Mommy was here. She gave me a watery smile.

"Prince, he's playing with one of his friends. W-why don't we play a game of hide and seek in the meantime. Why don't we play a g-game too?' She hid her face in her hands as her entire body started to shake. 

"O-okay Mommy! W-what g-g-game a-awe we going to p-play?""

She uncovered her face and smiled so brightly and happily at me. "How about tag? You run as far and as fast as you can and I will catch you""

I quickly nodded and started running as fast as I could. Trees were zipping right by me, I felt like I was flying!. I had no clue that Daddy would be running to Mommy, holding her close as they both cry. I had no clue that they would start praying for me to be safe because they couldn't do anything else. 

 I was beginning to get out of breath, but pushed forward. Someone tapped my shoulder, making me squeak. The person laughed a chilling, off laugh. I turned around with a terrified look, gulping as I did. 

The mystery person had multiple shiny objects that looked like they would hurt, and I looked up at the person. He had a bad look in his eyes, a certain gleam that made me shiver a bit. I shifted my feet a little bit and the man's chilling eyes followed my every move. Then I realized the gleam in his eyes was a psychotic, bloodthirsty gleam.

I immediately began to run, but he just grabbed onto me and laughed. "You're him, alright. The son of Jude and Lily, the pride male and Lioness, yet you're just weak. When you're inner cat comes out you'll be weak, not strong like your parents want." I whimpered and hissed at him.

"'L-Leave me alone! 'M-my D-Daddy will come for me!" He laughed as if I told him a funny joke.

"You want Daddy? I'll show you Daddy and you'll soon see even Daddy can't save you, little cub."

The man then grabbed me and yanked me back into the house. My eyes darted around the room, scanning for Daddy or Mommy. I saw him on the floor with blood pouring out of his stomach and shoulder. Mommy was right next to him, holding onto him. I ran to him and kneeled down.

"'D-Daddy! 'D-Daddy Help me!" Daddy looked at me weakly and started coughing. 

"Hey little champ, you shouldn't be here. Daddy can't protect you anymore and he has to go somewhere for a long time." His eyes narrowed at the man who was still holding onto me. 

I screamed and started to squirm in the man's grip. "No no you pwomised me you'll be hewe and stay and 'Pwotect me fowevew!" I cried. Daddy let out a sob as he tried to sit up only to fall against the floor. 

"I know champ, Daddy's sorry. Daddy's so sorry..." he trailed off.   

The creepy man started laughing "Oh man, this is the funniest thing I've seen in forever. Well, old man, you and your mate will die, and soon your son will follow" I was confused until I saw Mommy crying and I yowled and started to scream and cry harder. "No, no, no! Please don't leave me, Mommy and Daddy, I'm so scared!"

The man grabbed the sharp thing and held it up to my neck "Shut up you stupid feline". I completely froze in fear with tears still running down my face. 

Mommy let out a ferocious growl. "Don't you dare touch my cub, you bastard. Leave him out of this, this is between me, you, and Jude." The man slowly moved the thing from my neck to my cheek. 

The man drew the object against my check making me cry out as blood leaked from the cut. A burning feeling almost like fire spread across the cut and throughout my body, making a scream filled with pain ring out of my mouth and through the house.

Daddy managed to scream "Snow!" while fighting for his life. Daddy tried to get up again but failed once more. 

The man grinned and cut up from my cheek to the corner of my eye. Making me scream out in pure agony once again. Mommy flew into a rage and clawed at the man's face which made him drop me.

The pain of landing on the floor didn't help the burning sensation in my face. I grabbed onto my cheek as I continued to scream, I just wanted the burning to end. 

Daddy managed to crawl over to me, he picked me up in his arms and held me close. "It's okay little prince.. I'm here.. Daddy's here" Despite the agony searing through my veins I manages to speak a few words "D.. Daddy.. i-it.. it hurts...'" A single tear fell from his eyes and  landed on my nose "I know.. I know"

Suddenly I was forced into someone's arms. I grabbed onto Daddy's shirt and tried to hold on but I was too weak. I couldn't even yell out, I was so tired and everything hurt. I watched as my home and my Daddy got further and further away until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.