a Sin and a Why

"You like him. The young lad."

Kira turned around only to see Jack standing above her. "Why'd you say so?", she asked.

"Because...," Jack sat down next to her, offering her the rum, which she thankfully took. "...you told him 'bout us."
"Aye, but not everything," Kira defended.
"You told him enough," he said calmly.
"That's true," Kira let herself fall against his chest. He looked down at her.

"Jack...," she said and he already melted, "Why am I like this?"
"Like what?", he asked, just to hear her voice for a little longer.
"Like this. A pirate, lying in your arms like it's no sin. Why?"
"Cuz... you're human and I'm hot," he said.

She chuckled, "You always got an answer to everything, don't you, liar?"
"I say the truth quite often!", he fought back.
"Are you proud now?", she snapped, looking up to him.

He was unable to respond, losing himself in her deep, blue eyes. Deep like the sea itself.

And both of them leant in. He tasted the rum on her lips and the salt of the sea that he could always taste when she kissed him. She pulled herself up next to him, grabbing his neck as he put her hands on her waist. "Jack, you lucky bastard," Kira mumbled against his lips. "Aye," he grinned, pulling her closer. He enjoyed the sensational feeling she left in his stomach as they kissed.

Kira's hands clung on to his shirt and he felt her necklaces dangling against his chest.
She pulled away, looking him right in the eyes.

"Why, Jack?", she asked and there was a begging look in her eyes. He didn't know why.

"If I say the same thing I said one minute ago, do I get to kiss you a second time?", he asked. She just sighed, got up and walked away.

"Ugh," said Jack, noticing it, "Why is the rum always gone?"