A Saber

"Make sail!", Kira shouted at the crew.
"You too, lad!", She added, looking at Benjamin.
"Aye, aye," he said and helped his mates.

"Admit it," he whispered into her ear, "You missed me."

Jack was right and she knew it. But instead of agreeing Kira answered, "I missed the Pearl. Missed this."

"Oh, c'mon," Jack said.
Kira laughed, "What do you want, Messmate?"

"You stole me ship and me crew, Lady. I am willing to get it ba-"
"Wrong, Jack. You asked me to take the rudder, I am taking it."

"I hate you," he sighed.

"Nah, you don't," Kira said, swirled around and kissed him.

"No, I don't...," he mumbled, brushing his lips against hers.

"Say it," she demanded.
"I can't believe this."
"Say. It."
"Aye,... Captain."

She chuckled, turned back around to the ship's wheel and started shouting commands again, Jack on her side.

"Trim the sail!", she shouted.
"Move, you useless ludders," Jack added with a smile, his golden teeth glittering in the Caribbean sun.

"You, laddy!" Ben looked up, but Kira meant Jack. "Go get us the rum!"
"Aye," Jack said, vanishing in the hold of the Pearl.

***

"She can just... push him around like that?", Ben whispered to Gibbs.
"She is-", Gibbs started.

"Nobody pushes me around, boy," Jack cut in.
Benjamin looked up, embarrassment in his eyes.

"But rum is a good idea," Jack added, then he left to get rum.

"Is the captain... in love?", Benjamin asked lowly.
"He claims not to be," Gibbs answered as low as he could, "Jack always claims that his only love is the sea. But now, HEAVE!"

"What's our course?", Ben wanted to know, pulling the ropes.
"Wherever the compass points," Ragetti answered.
"North?", The boy frowned.
"No, the captain's compass points to the deepest desire of the person who holds it," he explained.

Benjamin looked up at his two captains, Jack and Kira who were now standing together.
"What is it, that Kira wants the most?", Ben thought.

***

"Take the rudder, Captain Sparrow," Kira backed away.

"Course?", Jack asked her and Kira knew it was one of the greatest honours to be asked for the course by Jack Sparrow.

She opened the compass and observed it, only to find the needle pointing directly at Jack. "Bloody thing," she thought.

Then she remembered something. Jack and Gibbs's conversation in the pub...
"In the bar, when we met, yesterday. What were you and Gibbs talking about?", Kira asked Jack.

He looked at her, his dark eyes filled with confusion. "I asked ya for a course, ya ask something like that?", he said, off guard.

"I'm a Pirate," she shrugged, "And now answer me!"

But Jack didn't say anything. He seemed to get lost in thoughts and no matter what Kira tried, she couldn't get a word out of him.

Finally she groaned frustratedly and gave up, pushed the compass into his hands and left. She went up to the Forecastle deck, feeling the wind against her back.

"What's wrong with him?", she thought, "Why isn't he answering. Surely, his secrets are his, but they were talking about me back then... weren't they? What other woman could be so important?" She felt jealousy bubbling up in her heart. She tried to stop the feeling, tried not to think about it.