Say it.

She spun around to look at Jack but to their surprise neither of them were hurt.
They exchanged a confused look and then they turned around.

The guard was lying on the ground, probably dead and a pirate stepped out of the shadow.

"Hello, Jackie," the man said with a scratchy voice. He looked ancient and experienced, was wearing a black hat with feathers on it, a red coat and he had dozens of pearls and coins tied in his dreads, just like Jack.

"Hello, dad," Jack answered.

Kira was speechless for a moment.

"I see you've got company," Captain Teague said to his son.

Jack smirked as he said, "She's a pirate!"

***

The pup was full of chattering people and nobody noticed them as they were sitting in a dark corner.

"How did the two of ya found me?", Jack wondered.

"I had my sources and contacts," Kira answered.

"I was told you were in London, searching for a crew," Jack's father explained.

"As people keep saying it, it must be true," Jack said.

"I heard where you're heading," Captain Teague said lowly, "The Fountain."

Kira's eyes narrowed and she listened closely.

"Have you been there?", Jack asked his father.

"Does this face look like it's been to the Fountain of Youth?"

"Depends on the light."

"Son," Captain Teague said and, looking to Kira, "And lassie, there'll be items required. For the ritual. Two chalices."

"On the map, there was a chalice," Jack remembered.

"You never told me about any map!", Kira threw in.
"It never came up!", Jack defended himself.

"Two chalices, kids. Silver. From Ponce de León's ship. You'll need both," Captain Teague came back to the subject.

"Both? For?", Jack frowned.

"The ritual, fool," Kira answered.

"Aye, don't be fools, kids. Find out every detail before you set sail!", Jack's father warned.

"Oh, set sail!", Jack laughed coldly, "I'd love to, but for that I might need a ship."

"Those folks, over there," his father nodded into the direction of some pirates at the other end of the room. Kira spotted some pirates and a woman, entertaining them, singing and drinking.

"They have a ship and they're signing up sailors right now," Captain Teague said as Jack, too turned around to eye them.

"One last thing," Jack's father mumbled mysteriously, "The fountain will test you. Mark my words!"

They raised their cups and drank.

Then, Kira and Jack turned around to look at the pirates that apparently had a ship in their possession:
Another woman had joined them and they were just finished singing a song.

Kira reached out for her cup, only to find it empty and suddenly she froze.

Captain Teague - he was gone!

Jack and Kira frowned at each other, then at the empty place in front of them where Jack's father had just been sitting.
"Did ya see that?", Jack asked.

Kira nodded slightly, then she said, "By the way, Jack. You won't be getting rid of me! I'm coming with you to the Fountain!"

"Aye," he mumbled, visibly lost in thoughts.

Finally Kira reached out for Jack's cup, but he caught her wrist before she could grab it, causing her to look up at him.

Those eyes... He wondered if there was anything more beautiful than those eyes... clearly not.

"Jack?", Kira furrowed her brows at Jack who seemed paralyzed for a moment, "What's it?"
His grasp around her wrist made her heart beat faster.

"You," he mumbled and pulled her onto his lap. His breath brushed her cheek as they locked eyes. He looked serious.
"Jack!", she nearly sounded alarmed, her heart was racing.
But then she felt his lips against hers and she couldn't help but lean in.
And she lost herself in the feeling, wrapping her arms around his neck.
His hands slid into her dark hair.

The taste of her lips made him shiver. He'd missed that taste, he'd missed her voice, her eyes... her simple presence!

"You can say it now," Kira breathed as their lips separated.
He frowned.
"C'mon," she smirked, teasingly running her fingertips down his neck and along his collarbone...

He leant in for another kiss, but she stopped him.
"Say it."
"Yer playing with me," he moaned.
"Say it!"
"Ugh," he sighed.

And he leant in and kissed her neck up to her ear, sending chills down her spine and he whispered, slowly,

"I know.... that you love me."

"Dog!", she said, pushing him away. That was not what she'd wanted to hear, of course.
But she smirked nevertheless.
He gave her a wicked grin, "I've been called worse."
"Like what?"
"An honest sailor."

She laughed and said, "I bloody love you."

"I know. You know I know," he replied.

"Oh, shut up, Jackie!" And she kissed him again.

And she knew that she was in the right place: Next to Jack, through all of the trouble!
And she knew they'd sail together and they'd find the Fountain.

What could possibly go wrong as long as they were together...?

The End