The first week of betrayal

The academy was bustling and to tell the truth, I looked in my dorm room and half expected to see my cousin Betty waiting there for me. Instead I was greeted by a snobby ballerina who had her pointe shoes and trophies strewn across the room. Also, there was a third roommate who was a fashion major, named Lindsay. Lindsay was nice to me and gave me the tour. She had red hair and reminded me of Archie.
On Monday, there was an audition for a musical. They were doing Les Mis. I auditioned and started crying during my singing since my audition song reminded me of Jughead. The snobby ballerina, who I learned was named Kalani, was pissed as soon as she saw the cast list on Tuesday. Somehow, she got the theatrekids convinced that I only got it cuz I was on Rumor Mill.
By Friday afternoon, I was tired from rehearsals and wanted to sleep. However, when I got to my room Hermione Lodge was there. "She's been here for like an hour, Nicolette." Lindsay said, "I love her outfit, TBH."
Hermione hugged me and handed me a check, "For all your good work here. If you need anything let us know. Hiram will be up for dinner on Sunday."
"Thank you so much." I said.
~
Saturday morning, a familiar voice woke me up, "KeKe?"
"Jug?" I said, "How?"
Betty revealed herself, "Hi, Nicolette." She pulled out a dress and a dye kit. Lindsay was already up and prepping something. "What's all this?" I said.
"Well, your friends want you home, and I know how much you miss it," Lindsay said, "So we're busting you out of here!"
I looked at Betty, "The Black hood." she nodded. I knew that whoever this hooded monster was, he wanted me back in town.
Jughead bleached my hair and dyed it to a cotton candy pink color. Betty did my face with purple lipstick and dark eyeshadow. I got up to leave.
Betty and jughead put me in the back of a pick up truck and we sped off.
~
Instead of going home, I was going to stay on the Southside with Fangs.
I arrived and Fangs had a place set up for me in his trailer. Without warning he kissed me, and I kissed him back, "I missed you so much, Fogarty."
Fangs drove me to school and I was nearly unrecognizable by everyone besides Betty.
"Hey girl!" Veronica said to me, "Hi?"
"So, I heard you're a transfer student named Alana."
I put on my best british accent, "Yeah, but my friends call me LaLa."
Veronica chuckled, "You're fooling nobody Nicolette." I went pale.
"Hey, Starlet!" Reggie Mantle came up behind me, kissing me on the cheek, "Long time no see."
"It's only been a week, Reg." I said, "Anyway, you barely talk to me so why are you so excited to see me?"
Reggie took my hand and led me to the football field. He didn't say a word. A football player took off his helmet and ran up to hug me. "Colette! Oh my god! i thought you were dead." Archie sighed. I hugged him, "Arch. Go get cleaned up and I'll talk to you on the way to english."
~
"So, the black hood, huh?"
"Yeah. But Cheryl was actually a good friend." I said. I heard her voice call me over, "Speaking of which."
Cheryl Blossom was obsessed with my look during class and wouldn't stop asking questions about how a literary character's fashion defines them.
Cheryl and I sat in the student lounge at lunch. She asked me why I was gone and I filled her in on the Broadway Youth Theatre, saying it was something I didn't really want. The red head leaned her head on my shoulder and kissed my neck, "Nicolette, you're actually really pretty and not totally unbearable."
I chuckled, "Thanks for the compliment, Cher."
A cold hand gripped my shoulder and when I looked up, Aunt Alice and Hiram Lodge were behind me.
Cheryl looked at me, "What's wrong, CoCo?" then she looked up, then she said, "Alice cooper, southside trash isn't allowed here."
I looked at her, "Cher, not helping. Anyway, what is it?"
"Nicolette, just come with us." Alice said.
~
"What do you mean debt? For what? Wanting a normal life? Not wanting to be the shallow rich actress anymore? Dani's dead and you sent me away." The tears stung my eyes at the mention of my late sister, "Look, I'm not doing anything wrong. I've been living with..." Shit.
Aunt Alice looked at Hiram and Hermione, "With who?"
I stayed silent. She gave me an icy glare, "Jughead. He's the only one who actually cares enough to not buy me besides Betty."
Hermione Lodge looked me in the eyes, "Look, Nicolette, we need to tell you something. Hiram isn't just my husband..."
I looked into Hiram's eyes, "Dad? Where the hell have you been?" I couldn't bear to look Hiram in the eyes, "That's why you funded me at the Broadway Youth. I'm sorry. I can't see you right now. This doesn't change anything." My mascara was running and I plastered a smile on my face, reapplying it. I exited and linked my arm in Cheryl's, "Hey Cherry, let's go to Pop's, bestie."
~
Cheryl and I were in the diner, on our third milkshake when the bell dinged and Nick St. Clair walked in. "Nicolette..." Cheryl started.
"Hey, Sharon, Nancy." Nick said smugly.
"It's Cheryl and Nicolette." I said sharply.
"Anyway what are you still doing here." Cheryl asked.
"Oh, Cheryl how are you?" Nick asked.
"How am i?" Cheryl laughed, "You tried to rape me."
"You did what?" I sneered.
"Cheryl just had a little to much to drink." Nick said.
"Get out of here. Pay for your food and leave." I said, sharply. When he didn't move I swung at him.
He left and at the end of our meal, it was revealed that he paid for it.