The Red Dahlia

The Red Dahlia

Jughead and I were in a weird place. Him and I are still together even after I tried to call it off. Anyway, Veronica just handed us a stack of cash to find out who shot Hiram. She looked at me suspiciously, "I didn't know she'd be here but she's a prime suspect, Jones."

He sighed, rolling his eyes, "Leave so I can interview her then."

"Okay, KeKe. I know Archie didn't do it and seeing as you were with Archie, I'm going to need you to sit this one out as my partner."

"Fine. But if Hermione comes for me."

"Just go."

I met up with Archie Andrews in his bedroom as he examined my brand some more. He stroked it tenderly, looking deeply into my eyes. He then pulled out a flask offering me some. "At this point anything will do Andrews."

"Really? Then come downstairs with me. I have an idea."

He carried me down, "Dad. I don't think college is for me. Maybe Nicolette and I can get jobs at the construction site? You're always talking about how you need an assistant. And Nicolette can take her pills there just in case."

"Okay, Arch." He said, "I'll talk to Vic."

-

-

The job was stressful and then I started thinking, it was much easier when I was on the Fizzle Rocks. Fred had my pills locked away knowing my fragile state and he was off doing something.

"Nicolette."

"Why?" I said aloud, "Why can't leave?"

A hand touched me, then I said, "Why would you do that?"

Then I heard it, bells. I don't know what it was but I ran straight up to Archie.

"Arch, we need to get the hell out of here." I said, hysterically.

He put down his hammer, "Colette what the hell happened, what's on your..."

"Archie why do you smell like..."

"Andrews you need a break," Vic said. Archie went back to work

"Who... Who is that, Arch? It's him, Let's go just take a damn break, Archibald."

"I can't do that, Colette."

"Then you're off my crew. And so are you miss." Vic said.

"Screw you," Archie pushed him.

-

"It wasn't my fault!" Archie screamed, "Vic was..."

"Vic? A man I've worked with for..."

"Fred it wasn't Archie i promise..." I tried.

"Whatever Nicolette," Archie sighed, "Let's go..."

"Where are you going exactly," Fred held a package and a flask in his hand, "Where the hell did you get these?"

"God, Dad. I'm leaving."

"Good. And while you two are gone think about how you need to shape up!"

-

-

"Arch. That's enough." Reggie said taking his glass. Archie's expression turned angry, "I'm a customer."

Reggie paged the speakeasy staff as I sang with Josie as usual.

"Hey!" Josie and I said, "Hey, we know him."

Josie told me to leave, saying she had it covered. So, I went back to the Blue and Gold where an angry Jughead greeted me.

"Where the hell were you? I know who the shooter is but i..."

"Who is it then?"

"My dad."

"Jug you have to tell someone he's the goddamn sher-" An opened door cut me off.

"Mija." she said.

"Hiram's bitch." I said sarcastically.

"You two think you're so smart."

I moved to slap her but she began adjusting my boyfriend's collar. She threatened to expose FP and ended it with a kiss on my cheek.

"Oh, and Nicolette." Hermione said, "I know what you and Veronica did to my supplies."

"What the hell are you-"

"Don't act innocent, mija. You owe me a lot of money."