The Truth About SoDale

"You're crazy, Andrews. Psychotic." I said as Archie filled me in on why he was so apprehensive all month.

"Colette, I promise I'm not lying about this. He asked me to get close to..." the redhead was regretful.

"Close to Hiram?"

"Lower your voice." He clamped his hand over my mouth, "And yes. You gotta help me. We gotta go to Mr. Lodge since he wants me to put this bug in his office."

I sighed, leading him to the study. The Andrews boy actually paused, expecting me to go in first, "Oh hell no, Andrews! I am not going in first."

"Not even for this?" He had my phone.

"Ugh. Fine only because your too tall."

I knocked.

"Daddy. Archie and I need to speak to you. It's important. Arch got approached by the FBI."

I pushed the redhead forward, "Didn't you, Andrews?"

"Uh, they wanted me to put this in your office and i said no. so I'm gonna smash it right here." He smashed it.

"Very good Archie. You're loyalty shows. Now let's make a blood oath." He withdrew a knife. and came toward me, "You too, princesa."

I stepped back, "Excuse me, I don't have to live here so I'm just gonna go to Jughead's. I am not mutilating myself and neither is..."

"I'm sure about this, Mr. Lodge." He took the knife and put his blood on the journal he showed me.

"Archie Andrews don't do this." I said, "Don't you dare give up your passion for music to work a boring life of business."

But he already did it.

He was officially on the Darkside.

~

~

I avoided Archie so much that I rejected doing the school musical and I only watched with Jug when Midge was killed on openeing day.

However, the main reason I didn't participate was because Archie betrayed his father at dnneer with the Lodges.

"Southside High, is being developed into a prison." Hiram said.

I choked on my salad, "Excuse me?"

"I thought it was housing," Fred said.

"It is," Hiram grinned, "For the people working in the prison."

Fred slammed is napkin on the dining room table, "You couuld've told me this before. That you're building a prison on thee bones of a high school. I'm not okay with it."

"Fred-" There Hermione was tryinmg to seduce him.

"No, we're leaving, Let's go Archie." Fred said.

Archie stayed where he was.

"Andrews," I said, "You're dad is speaking to you."

He shrugged, "I want to hear what Mr. Lodge has to say."

I chucked my fork at Archie, then my stupid friendship bracelet I had worn everyday since I had left. The bracelet he made me that said Archolette 4 ever.

"Colette! What the-"

I got up.

"You know what, Archie. I've stood by and watched you abandon Jughead Jones on the fourth of July. Which by the way, I was on the phone to him all night when you went to seduce Miss Whatever her name is. And I had to hear about you rejecting my cousin for this latina regina george and I was okay with it. I let it slide. Then guess what happened..."

"What?" HE asked,

"I came home. That's what happened and you kind of made me start liking you again. Thinking that the only reason we broke up in 8th grade was because I had to move. But I realized something by how you treated your father just now. How you've gone behind my back and brought me here to see a man claiming to be my father so you could impress him. You didn't care that it was the last thing I wanted. Especially since I've seen the way Veronica manipulates you."

Veronica opened her mouth, "Nicolette, sister-"

"No. No apologies. You Lodges better stay the hell away from me. I'm leaving. And Hiram, if you hurt Archie, I'll have your head on a platter. Anyway, Archie Andrews you're fucking dead to me."'

Fred put his hand on my shoulder, "Nicolette."

"Fred, can I get a ride home." I asked.

"Yes, anything for you."
~
~
Two weeks later, I did something I kind of regretted. I helped Ethel and Josie create a flyer about how terrible Veronica was.
I passed them out during her campaign performance and then bolted.
I felt so guilty about it but when Ethel Muggs had poured that milkshake on her and the Lodge girl punched Reggie, I ran to the Andrews residence. I was a wreck after Midge died. I didn't know her very well but she was one of the only people here who didn't take advantage of my fame.
So, I ran upstairs, ignoring Fred's cries and pulled out my phone.
"Hello, Broadway Collective. This is Renee speaking."
I took a breath, "Hello, this is Nicolette Woodhouse, of Rumor Mill fame and I'm interested in enrolling in your boarding school next year. Is there a slot available."
The lady sighed, "Did you say Woodhouse?"
"Yes ma'am."
"We have you on a VIP list meaning you may start whenever you like."
"Perfect. How does this weekend sound?"
The lady said it was perfect. Then, Fred opened my door, revealing Jughead.
"KeKe. Are you really?" he said. I nodded.
"I'm sorry Juggie. If you don't want to be together anymore I-"
Then, "KeKe. I'm with you all the way. As long as you're wearing this, I'll be with you." He slid the silver and purple snake on my right finger.

-

earlier

"She's doing what?!"
-
"Oh, look. He's here."
"Daddy..."
"You made your point, princesa... now it's time to get home."
-
"Mija... we need to talk about what you did to Veronica."
"What I did? I'm going out. Back to Southside high."
"Mija."
"Listen to me very closely, Hermione. I'm not your daughter. I did what had to be done while you sat there and acted like you didn't know..."
Hermione slapped the girl.
I was already dialing my phone. "Yeah... FP can you get me out of here... no. Everything's fine. Five minutes..."
-
He unchained us.
"Let me out of your car, Archie or so help me god I will scream and tell Jughead you kidnapped me which you did."
"Mija..."
"I'm going to kill you, Archie."
Hiram smiled at me, "You didnt tell her, did you?"
"Tell me what?"
"Your custody papers were reviewed and Alice Cooper is no longer your primary caregiver. I am."
I shot a glare to Archie, "You'd do that to Betty and me? Separate us? I thought we were friends, Archie. Guess we're not anymore."
-

"Cant this be a fair fight."
"Archie, you lost the right to a fair fight after you got me separated from Alice and Betty."
Fred's eyes widened, "Son, I cant believe you'd do something like that."
As if on cue, Alice Cooper came barging up to us, concerned and upset. She had Betty behind her who wrapped her arms around me. "Hey."
"Hey."
"HIRAM LODGE. WHAT GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO TAKE MY NIECE AWAY FROM ME. I SWEAR TO GOD. AND YOU, ARCHIE ANDREWS. I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE."
Betty's grip on my hand tightened.
"Alice, you dont have parental rights over her. I simply just reunited my family."
Betty stepped forward, "Archie, you check in with my cousin at all times."
"Okay, Betty."
"And this... better just be temporary, Mary. I'm sure we can make sure of that." Alice smiled, "Bye. Oh, and good luck on your campaign, Hermione. Fred, great seeing you as always."
Hiram brought me closer to him. I was trapped here, "You know you won't be seeing much of Betty anytime soon. I don't like her attitude."
"But Daddy-"
"Don't make a scene, mija. It'll ruin your image."
Little did they know I'd be leaving that night.

~
We only told Betty, Archie, Cheryl, and the Serpents that I was leaving. However, I promised to let Jughead vote in the Mayoral and student council election for me. Both of my votes would be going to Fred and Archie Andrews.