7

[Kendall's POV]

I was confused. Why were both Tyler and Ethan in the basement?

"We have an idea." Tyler said.

"An idea? For what?" I asked, still confused as hell. 

"For you guys to get out." Ethan replied.

"Really?!" I asked, excited.

"So you know vidcon, right?" Tyler asked.

I nodded.

"Alright, so vidcon is on Friday. Mark is bringing you guys because he doesn't want to leave you guys by yourself. So when we're walking around, Ethan and I will cause a distraction and you and Emma will run. You guys need to go as fast a possible. Mark will probably know something is up."

"Okay. That's a good plan. How are we going to tell Emma?" I asked.

"Just leave that to us." Ethan said and smiled. 

I smiled and they went back upstairs. I went back to my weird nest under the stairs.

[Time skip to next day]

I sat in the basement because no one opened the door. I could hear talking and people walking around. Eventually Mark opened the door and yelled for me to come up. I was mad that it was Mark that opened the door so I waited a minute and then went up. I saw Emma and Tyler sitting in the living room and I sat down next to Emma. Tyler looked over at me and smiled. Emma did the same. Tyler patted Emma on the shoulder and I could see Mark glare at him. 

"How'd you sleep?" Tyler asked Emma.

"Great." Emma said. She clearly didn't mean it though.

Ethan walked into the room and smiled when he saw me.

"So girls," Mark began, "How would you feel about leaving the house?"

I felt like my chest was going to explode from anticipation. I couldn't wait to be out of that house and call the police.

"Really?" Emma asked excitedly.

"With us, of course. You ever heard of vidcon?"

Emma and I nodded.

"You're going to go with us, I can't trust you guys alone I don't have a choice."

"When?" Emma asked.

"Friday, you're going to go as our girlfriends and when my friends ask you're gonna stay on a good story right?" Mark asked.

"Of course." 

"You're my girlfriend Kendall!" Ethan said chuckling.

I rolled my eyes. Of course I had to be his girlfriend. Ethan obviously felt something towards me but I didn't feel the same way.

"And if anyone asks, you're mine." Mark said to Emma and she grinned. 

Tyler looked a bit upset. I was just glad I only had to sleep in the basement for a couple more days. 

[Time skip to Friday]

It was finally Friday. I was so happy that I could barely keep myself from smiling. No more sleeping in a basement for me. We were walking into the convention and there were tons of people of people there. I walked slightly slower than everyone else but if I got too far behind Mark would make everyone stop and wait for me. Mark brought us behind a curtain to introduce us to his friends. They were standing by a set of lights. One had green hair and the other had dirty blond hair. Mark and the others greeted the other two while Emma and I stood behind. Mark smiled and pointed at Emma. He introduced her to Sean, the one with green hair. I waved at the other one, Felix. I walked over to him.

"Hey, I'm Kendall." I said to him.

"I'm Felix." He said. 

We talked for a minute or so and we immediately clicked. However, I left out the fact I was supposed to be Ethans girlfriend. We had to leave however when Mark had a meet and greet in twenty minutes. We began walking through the convention center. Emma and I were walking slightly behind but not enough to alert Mark to our plans. I looked over at Tyler and he nodded. I looked over at Emma to make sure she was ready and she nodded.

"Holy fuck Mark!" Tyler yelled, pointing at something.

We didn't get a chance to see what he was pointing at. We sprinted as fast as we could away from them. Mark caught on quicker than anticipated so the three of them were chasing after us. I was slightly ahead of Emma but I stopped when she stopped. I looked back at her and saw that Sean had his hand on her shoulder. It felt like my heart was going to fall out of my body. 

"What had you in such a hurry?" I heard him ask her. 

My chest felt like it was going to cave in on itself when I saw Mark grab Emma. He said something to her but my mind was so foggy that I couldn't tell what he said. I felt someone grab my hand and pull me in the same direction Mark and Emma were going. I looked to see who it was and it was Ethan. He frowned when he saw me looking at him.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

I shook my head. I almost started crying.