9

[Kendall's POV]
As soon as we got home I was immediately shoved in the basement. It had to be the worst day of my life. I actually thought we were going to get out but it was ruined by Sean. I couldn't take it. I crawled into my 'bed' and started crying. The door opened but I didn't care. The person walked down the stairs and looked underneath where I was. It was Ethan.
"Wanna talk about it?" He asked, sitting next to me.
Instead of responding, I hugged him and cried into his shoulder. He hugged back and ran his hand up and down my back. After a while I let go of him and stopped crying.
"Thanks." I said to him while wiping the tears off my face.
"Hey, any time."
I pulled my knees up to my chest and Ethan and I sat in silence. Ethan put his arm over my shoulders and I tensed up, but I let him do it anyways. I felt better after a while of sitting like that.
"Thanks, Ethan. I feel better. Can I be alone now?"
He nodded and went back upstairs. I looked at my setup. It was a single, small blanket laid down on the floor of the basement under the stairs. It was extremely uncomfortable but I didn't have any other choice. It could be worse. I readjusted the blanket so it was folded in half, which didn't give me enough space to lay on my back unless I wanted part of my back to be cold. I decided to look around the basement again. There were some empty shelves on one side and that was it for furniture. The window was tiny. There was no way I could squeeze through it. I went uo the stairs and knocked on the door to see what would happen. Ethan opened it.
"Do you need anything?" He asked.
"Could you get me some water or something?"
"Yeah, hold on."
He closed the door and I could hear his footsteps walking away. I stood there until he opened the door again. He handed me a cup of water.
"Thanks." I said and went back downstairs.
I drank the water and decided to try to get some sleep.
[Time Skip]
It was the morning and the door still wasn't open. Kind of understandable, considering the circunstances. I sat on the bottom step of the stairs staring at the window. I wanted to go outside so badly. Before being kidnapped, I never liked going outside but now that I couldn't I really wanted to. Suddenly the door opened and I heard something get pushed down, followed by the door closing again. Before I could see what happened, something heavy pushed me over onto the floor. I pushed it off of me and looked at it. I smiled. It was a twin sized mattress. I dragged it underneath the stairs and put the blanket on top of it. No mote sleeping on the cold floor.