Chapter I: Tickets

In the unknown, darkness takes place; Everything is pitch black and only one thing stands out-blue.

     From afar, this color is visible immediately. Contrasting to the dark environment, Sal Fisher's electric blue hair stands out. The said male stands at the center of the empty abyss, his blue eye staring at nothingness. Hugging his body is his everyday clothing-black sweater and red ripped jeans. Everything is as it always is except for his mask. It's nowhere in sight.

     The cold breeze tickles Sal's scarred face, making his long hair brush behind him. A voice whisper onto his ear. "Hello?"

     The voice is soft and gentle, sending shivers to the male's spine. Again, it spoke. "Sal, are you there?"

     His blue eyes widen in shock. He knows that voice. It's the same voice that had given him comfort as a child, longing as a teenager, and now, it's giving him waves of emotions.

     Sal opens his mouth as he tries to call out the owner of the voice, but no sound comes out. He swallows, feeling his throat going dry. His chest tightens as he continues his attempts to call for a certain girl's name. Frustration starts to build inside him as all his attempts lead to nothing. Resorting to his last option, he runs.

     Into the darkness he goes, running towards her voice, hoping that his feet will be quick enough to catch up. As he goes deeper into the abyss, the atmosphere starts to thicken. His heart starts to beat fast as he as his breath goes unstable. His head becomes light as his mind goes blank, creating illusions in front of him. Voices start to creep into his thoughts, taunting him to stop.

     Despite this, Sal didn't do it. The only voice he listens to is hers. The voice that keeps on motivating him, always reaching out to him, and even wanting him.

     Soon enough, light starts to peek in. It clashes against the darkness until...

Sal's eye snaps open. He immediately sits up, taking deep breaths to soothe his startled heart. Sweat trickles down on his face as his dream flashes. Nervous, Sal reaches out on his nightstand, taking in the glass of water where his glass eye lies. Scooping it out and placing it on his right eye socket, Sal straps on his prosthetic mask. He gets out of bed and head straight to his best friend's room.

     At the basement of Addison Apartments, there the Johnson's resides. Lisa Johnson is fast asleep in her room, while her son, Larry Johnson, is listening to Sal's distress in his.

     "I'm telling you Larry Face, it's her," Sal says as he slumps on the bean bag. He unbuckles his mask and removes it with frustration. He rubs his hands on his face, groaning in the process. "I know it's been years but..."

     As Sal trails off, he removes his hand, gazing at it for a while. Larry sighs. "We both know you miss her, Sal. After everything that had happen between the two of you, I know you can't just let her go..."

     Sal nods, tracing the scars on his face. He closes his eyes as he remembers the first time the girl he loves, saw him like that. His heart aches as he remembers her reaction to every detail of his face. The way her finger glides onto his scarred skin, sending chills to his spine. The curious gaze on her face made him blush as she takes in every detail of his dark past. The warm smile she gave afterwards brought Sal to a bittersweet memory.

     "Hey," Larry says as he sits beside him, patting his shoulder. "How 'bout I spill you in on a little secret on our trip tomorrow?"

     Sal gazes at his friend, "Sure..."

     "Ash told me she has a surprise for you. In one condition: you'll join us for Halloween," Larry adds before standing up. He heads to his nightstand, his back facing Sal.

     "I already said 'yes' last week." Sal's eyebrow furrows together, confused.

     "Well..." Larry trails off as he rummages through his drawer before facing Sal. Sal's eyes widen as Larry waves two tickets in his hand. "Ash thought it would be great for us to see each other again. After all, since we all went to college, we never got the chance to hang out again."

     "'Hell Fest'? Are you fucking kidding me?" Sal can't help but gasp. "Those are impossible to get!"

     Sal couldn't help but smile. He and Larry always dream of going to the well-known amusement park for horror fanatics. It excites them to hear stories of the park's mazes, puzzles, and employees that scare the tourists. When they found out it was dropping by at their town, the two immediately saved up. To their misfortune, the tickets sold out immediately.

     "How?" Sal asks in amazement.

     Larry hands out Sal his ticket, a little wary to what he is going to say. Almost a whisper, Larry answers,"[Name] bought them."

     "What?"

     "I said-"

     "I heard you the first time." Sal frowns, looking down on his ticket,"...why?"

     "Like I said... Ash wants us to-"

     "I know, but why?" Sal shouts in frustration, throwing the ticket on the ground. Tears starts to form in Sal's eye, waves of emotions hitting him all at once. "After everything, do you think she still wants to see us?"

     Larry stays silent as Sal continues to vent. "We hurt her, Larry. No matter how we look at it, we hurt her and that will never change."

     Sal's lips start to quiver as tears pour down his cheek. He cups his face as he sobs onto his palms. Memories flash through him, giving him an aching feeling.

     Larry approaches his friend, giving him a tight hug. Like Sal, Larry felt the tinge of pain in his chest. He knows what you two have been through, and how much Sal tortures himself every single day because of it.

     "Cheer up, Sally Face." Larry pats Sal's shoulder as he murmurs comforting words. "[Name] knows how much you're hurting, and she forgives you. You can ask her yourself when you see her tomorrow, okay?"

     Sal nods, lifting his head from his now soaked palms. He sniffs, "You're right. Thanks, Larry Face."

     Larry gives a small smile. A comforting silence fills the air between the two. Sal wipes his tears before glancing down at the ticket. He picks it up and read its content. In bold red letters, it says: Ticket to Hell.