Chapter XV: End

In the unknown, darkness takes place; Everything is pitch black and only one thing stands out-blue.

    From afar, this color is visible immediately. Contrasting to the dark environment, Sal Fisher's electric blue hair stands out. The said male stands at the center of the empty abyss, his blue eye staring at nothingness. Hugging his body is his everyday clothing-black sweater and red ripped jeans. Everything is as it always is except for his mask. It's nowhere in sight.

    The cold breeze tickles Sal's scarred face, making his long hair brush behind him. A voice whisper onto his ear. "Hello?"

    The voice is soft and gentle, sending shivers to the male's spine. Again, it spoke. "Sal, are you there?"

    His blue eyes widen in shock. He knows that voice. It's the same voice that had given him comfort as a child, longing as a teenager, and now, it's giving him waves of emotions.

    Sal opens his mouth as he tries to call out the owner of the voice, but no sound comes out. He swallows, feeling his throat going dry. His chest tightens as he continues his attempts to call for a certain girl's name. Frustration starts to build inside him as all his attempts lead to nothing. Resorting to his last option, he runs.

    Into the darkness he goes, running towards her voice, hoping that his feet will be quick enough to catch up. As he goes deeper into the abyss, the atmosphere starts to thicken. His heart starts to beat fast as he as his breath goes unstable. His head becomes light as his mind goes blank, creating illusions in front of him. Voices start to creep into his thoughts, taunting him to stop.

    Despite this, Sal didn't do it. The only voice he listens to is hers. The voice that keeps on motivating him, always reaching out to him, and even wanting him.

   Soon enough, light starts to peek in. It clashes against the darkness until...

    "Larry?"

    Sal rushes to his friend who is unconscious on the ground. He shakes him awake, only to see the blood seeping from his sides.

    "Wake up, Larry, please," He begs, still attempting to wake him up.

    The brunet grunts as his eyes flutter open. "Sal?"

    "Dude!" Sal grabs his friend's hand with joy. "Thank God, you're alive."

     Larry chuckles as his blue-haired friend tries to sit him up. He asks, "What happened?"

    "I met [Name] on the way here. We hid for awhile but the killer caught on," He grimace. "I tried protecting her, dude. I'm sorry."

    "Where is she?"

    "Over here, lover boy," The killer muses from behind them. Their heads snap towards him.

     By the door frame, the killer stands. In his arms is the girl they desire the most.

     "[Name]," Sal gasps.

    Trapped by a knife against her neck, she didn't reply. Her gaze avoids the two men in front of her. A pang of guilt ringing in her chest. 'This is all my fault.'

    "Hm?" The killer smiles. "Doesn't our little princess happy to see her suffering friends?"

    She whimpers. "...No"