Chapter XII: Emotions

[Name] struts towards the park's scariest maze with a confident smile on her face. Her change of demeanor makes the group wary, including the killer. He frowns behind his mask as he watches her. Her eyes now sparkle with anticipation as her body strides with confidence. There's no longer a sign of fear in her. This makes him ponder. 'Did something happen? Did I break her?'

To his surprise, she turns to him with a swift motion. Her sweet smile is now a twisted one. She points to one of toy display at the booths. "Sal, can you buy me one of those?"

Her question causes him to tense up. 'What game is she playing?'

"Please?" She tugs his arm. Such a brave act from someone who could be dead anytime from now.

The killer nods at her request as her friends' gaze lands on him. A wave of anxiety splashing inside him. As he walks away, [Name] pulls out her phone. Her simple actions are scaring her friends. They don't know why her personality shifts. She used to be someone who can't look at Sal in the eye. Now, she's asking him to leave them in the open, and win her a prize.

'Something is definitely wrong,' Larry thought. 'First, "Sal's" message, and now, this.'

Before the girl can speak, Ashley charges her. Swinging her arm, she lands a spiteful slap. "I don't know what you're trying to do, [Name], but stop it. You're scaring us!"

Her outburst shocks everyone, even herself. She takes a step back and holds her hand over her mouth. "[Name], I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I j-just--!"

"Ash..." Her voice shakes. She didn't expect her best friend to slap her. Tears forming in the corner of her eyes as her body trembles in shock. Larry and Todd didn't know what to do. They stand, watching the two friends stare at each in disbelief.

"I can't believe this." She finally cracks. Tears pour down her cheeks as a laugh escapes her lips. "After everything, you had the audacity to slap me. Well, if that's what you want, so be it. Here."

She shoves her phone against her friend's chest. "The real Sal is waiting by the maze. He's wearing a brown mask." She glances over the killer who is coming back to their group, holding the desired toy. "That bastard attacked him and took away his mask. He attacked Neil but Sal is quick enough to save him."

She faces her friend with a cold stare. "I was going to tell you everything, but I guess there's no point to this. Text Sal. Tell him I'll handle the psychopath myself."

As the killer approaches, [Name] grabs his arm. She tugs him to follow her as she walks away. She leaves behind her friends with nothing but a sense of guilt in them. To their eyes, allowing her to leave with a killer is suicide. No matter how much they want to run after her, they stand frozen still. All her words hit them like poison. They fucked up.

Her sudden outburst makes the killer chuckle. His target is dragging him away from all possible witnesses. No one is following them, nor tries to contact her. She's finally his. The thought makes him stop on his tracks. He tugs her in a forceful manner. A smirk on his lips.

"Listen here, bud," She snarls. "I don't know who you are and what you want from me but--hmph!"

The killer covers her mouth with a cloth. An unnerving scent hits her nostrils, causing her to feel light-headed. Her eyelids become heavy as her body limps. Closing her eyes, she falls unconscious.

"You have to rest for now, my Queen." He wipes her wet cheek with his gloved hand. He places the stuffed toy in-between her arms. "I'll make sure those pawns will never see daylight again."

Carrying her into a bathroom stall, he tucks her there before leaving her behind. His mind replays over the scenario earlier. Her friends hurt her, shouted at her and pushed her away.

"They betrayed her," He muses. Grasping onto the knife, he goes back to her friends. Whatever she revealed to them doesn't matter anymore. The moment they land a finger on her, they're marked dead. He will attack them and enjoy every step of it. Every wound he will inflict will be a reminder that no one can hurt [Name]. All, except him.

Rushing towards the group, he picks up Ashley like how Sal did to [Name]. The brunette screams as her the two males run after her. She kicks and struggles against the killer's grasp. "Let me go, you lunatic!"

Everything from there is a blur. He leads them to one of the mazes that he remembers as clear as day. Through twists and turns, he lost the two on his tail. He then throws Ashley against the wall, making her dizzy. With his knife, he decorates her with cuts which causes her to scream. This attract the attention of Todd and Larry. 

"Ashley!" The brunet gasps and runs over to his lover. He cradles her now unconscious state in a delicate manner. "No..."

"Larry!" Todd yelps as a knife digs in into his flesh. In a swift motion, he falls on the ground. His body lying on the pool of his blood.

The brunet freezes at the sight. His friends are dying and he's next. Memories flashing right before his eyes as the killer the knife over his head. Mustering up courage, he tackles him. All his emotions pour into the attack.

They fall on the ground, hard. The killer grunts as he receives a punch. Before he can counter an attack, Larry scurries away. He mumbles an apology and vows to himself that he'll find a way to save them. Pulling out his phone, he texts his friend: 'Look, whoever you are, I need help. It's Ashley and Todd. They're dying. Please help me.'

'Where are they?' Sal replies.

Sending their location, Larry waits. He contacts the officials as he sees a familiar blue hair. Sal runs pass him, darting inside the maze. The brunet follows suit. He calls him, "Sal!"

"We'll talk later!" He replies as he pulls out a bloodied knife.

A different wave of emotion crashes inside Larry's chest. His heart beats fast and loud. Sweat trickles down his face as his body trembles. The feeling he's having is unnerving. A voice nags in the back of his mind, telling him that, somehow, Sal isn't the same that he remembers.