Chapter XV.IV: Broken End

In the unknown, darkness takes place; Everything is pitch black and only one thing stands out—blue.

    From afar, this color is visible immediately. Contrasting to the dark environment, Sal Fisher's electric blue hair stands out. The said male stands at the center of the empty abyss, his blue eye staring at nothingness. Hugging his body is his everyday clothing—black sweater and red ripped jeans. Everything is as it always is except for his mask. It's nowhere in sight.

   The cold breeze tickles Sal's scarred face, making his long hair brush behind him. A voice whisper onto his ear. "Hello?"

   The voice is soft and gentle, sending shivers to the male's spine. Again, it spoke. "Sal, are you there?"

    His blue eyes widen in shock. He knows that voice. It's the same voice that had given him comfort as a child, longing as a teenager, and now, it's giving him waves of emotions.

    Sal opens his mouth as he tries to call out the owner of the voice, but no sound comes out. He swallows, feeling his throat going dry. His chest tightens as he continues his attempts to call for a certain girl's name. Frustration starts to build inside him as all his attempts lead to nothing. Resorting to his last option, he runs.

    Into the darkness he goes, running towards her voice, hoping that his feet will be quick enough to catch up. As he goes deeper into the abyss, the atmosphere starts to thicken. His heart starts to beat fast as he as his breath goes unstable. His head becomes light as his mind goes blank, creating illusions in front of him. Voices start to creep into his thoughts, taunting him to stop.

   Despite this, Sal didn't do it. The only voice he listens to is hers. The voice that keeps on motivating him, always reaching out to him, and even wanting him.

    Soon enough, light starts to peek in. It clashes against the darkness until...

    "Put your hands in the air!" A police officer greets him as it points his gun.

    "What?"

    "Drop your weapon,"

     Sal is hesitant at first but obliges. He places his knife down and puts his hands over his head. The officer cuffs him as he escorts him out. Something isn't right.

    "Where's Larry?" He asks.

    "Sorry kid, I can't discuss confidential information,"

    "How about [Name]?"

    The officer stays silent as they exit. He greets his colleagues before approaching an ambulance. Sal follows.

    "Sal? "His eyes widen as he sees his friends standing before him. They're alive.

     "G-guys." Tears start to form in the corner of his eyes as his gaze lands on them. One by one, he feels himself getting happier for their survival. As his eyes land on Larry, his heart stops. The brunet is avoiding eye contact with him. His hands shaking as he fumbles with his shirt. "You alright, Larry Face?"

    He approaches him but his friend steps back. Ashley places a hand on Sal's shoulder. "Sal, something happened."

    "What?"

    "Mr. Fisher," The officer interrupts. "I don't want to intrude your little reunion, but we need your statement about the incident. Please follow me."

     Sal nods as he follows the officer to his colleagues. There, he sees the killer, bruised but smiling. The blue-haired male couldn't help but charge at him in anger. "You bastard? Where is she?!"

    "Mr. Fisher, calm down," one of the police holds him. "Ms. [Last Name] is safe. She's resting at one of our ambulances."

    "What? What happened to her?"

     "I gave her a little parting gift," The killer muses. "Although, it won't arrive until 9 months."

     "What does that mean?" Sal snarls. 

      "Ask your brunet friend,"

     "Mr. Fisher, Ms. [Name] is alright," The cop reassures. "For now, we need your statement."

     As the night ends, Sal approaches his group once more. Larry is still avoiding his gaze. Mustering up courage, he asks his friend. "Larry, what happened to [Name]?"

    "S-she..." The brunet stiffens and fall silent. He weighs the situation, not wanting to hurt his friend. Before he can utter a word, he breaks down. His whole body trembles as he falls to his knees. His hands cup his face as his lips whimper out words that could break his friend. "He...raped her."

    His heart dropped at his friend's statement. "What?"

   "H-he tied me up and asked m-me to watch. If I d-dare to look away, h-he'd kill her." He looks up to his friend with pleading eyes. "I c-couldn't do anything, man. I'm sorry."

    Sal didn't know what to do. He doesn't blame his friend, but he can't exactly say the words 'it's okay'. All his mind could think about is [Name]. "Where is she?"

    Larry points at the ambulance. The blue-haired male nods before approaching it. Knocking on its doors, it opens, and reveals the tormented girl. [Name] looks broken and lost, trembling under the warm blanket."[Name] Face?"

     He calls but she didn't respond. He reaches out to hold her hand, but she screams. Tears pour down her face as she scoots away.

    "Get away from me!"

     "It's me, love..."

     "No!" She whimpers.

     "Sir, she has been very traumatized with the event. you should let her rest," The paramedic says. 

    Sal nods with a churning feeling in his chest. He managed to save everyone else except her. The very person who he vowed to protect is now broken because of his mistake. The killer had her and made sure he remains etch in her mind. A parting gift that will never forgotten. If it conceives a child,his lover will forever be burdened by the memory. All because he wasn't fast enough...