Chapter VIII: Kiss

[Name] didn't know how she end up in this situation; The masked man and Larry are glaring at each other. The brunet's arm is  around her shoulder in a protective manner, while the other reaches out to her. He grips on her shoulder as he remembers the discomfort on her face. He hisses. "Hands off her."

     Earlier, while their group witness a bystander getting carried away, Larry notices something. The masked man is playing with the woman's locks with his gloved hand. He twirls it around his finger and combs it. Knowing [Name], she always gives a reaction. It's either she'll ask you to continue or stop, depending on her mood and hairstyle. Instead, the girl stands frozen - still and unresponsive. Her minimal reaction causes the masked man shifts his hand from her hair to her cheek. He caresses it in a discomforting manner as if it he was taunting a reaction from her. This made Larry uneasy and his protective instinct kicks in.

     Now, the two males are in a glaring contest. Their tension fills up the group, making everyone uneasy.

     "Larry..." [Name] removes the brunet's arm over her shoulder before giving his hand a tight squeeze. "It's nothing."

     "It's Larry Face, [Name]" He hisses and points at the killer. "...and it's not nothing. I saw how uncomfortable you looked."

     "Dude, chill. Sal is just flirting around," Neil defends, placing a hand on the killer's shoulder. Ashley nods as Todd analyzes the killer. Somehow, he feels uneasy with his presence. He looks intimidating compare to Sal's approachable nature.

     "I know how Sal acts, and this is not him." 

     Without any warning, Larry pushes the man's chest. A hidden scowl forms on his lips as his gloved hands digs through his jacket. This simple gesture catches the girl's attention. Her eyes widen, knowing the killer's intention.

     "Let's not fight about that!" She pipes in, pushing the two apart. Her gesture makes the killer smile and Larry frown. Before any of them disapproves, a swift motion occurs. Like earlier, an employee wearing a pirate costume rushes in. He lifts the woman up and slumps her over his shoulder before dashing away.

     "H-hey!" She yelps.

     "I got the booty, matey!" He cheers as his co-worker, who is also dressed as a pirate, laughs.

     The masked man scowls at the act. Before he can run after them, Neil stops him. "Relax, Sal. It's just an act."

     'Bullshit!' He growls.

     "That's what I said when someone was after [Name] ..." Larry trails off. Their body tenses as they realize.

     "Let's go after her!" Ashley screams before their group runs after the pirate pair.

The masked man scoffs as they scurry after them. The employees won't go too far, nor will they keep running. He can grab her once they do and he can finally have her all to himself. Picking up his pace, he leaves the group behind. He reaches for his knife and pulls it out, ready to plunge into one of the employee's skin. A smile makes its way to his lips as he sees the employee bring [Name] down. Lifting his knife over his head, the killer is ready to attack until-- Crash!

      A sudden impact crashes through his body causing him to tumble and fall. He curses under his breath as he stands up, only to see his blue-haired male victim running away with his target.

     "Sal!" The masked man hears Ashley call out to him. "Did you catch them?"

     He hides his knife and gestures a 'no'. The group curses under their breath. To their knowledge, [Name] might be in the hands of the killer. They don't know that they are the one in that situation. As frustration bubbles inside the killer, his hand twitches. If it wasn't for Neil's delay, he would've had her.

     'It's his fault!' He curses. Taking a deep breath he reevaluating his plan. He sends her a text.

[Name]'s phone chimes in her purse as she and Sal halts. They stand behind a maze where minimal people pass by. With a heavy breath, she asks. "Who are you?"

    "It's me," He replies. Pulling down his hoodie, he reveals his electric blue locks. She gasps.

     "Sal!" She pulls him into a hug. Tears of joy flows down her cheeks. "I'm glad you're alive."

     "I can't back down just yet," He chuckles. His hand cups her cheek. His thumb caressing it in a tender manner. His blue eyes pierces gazing at her [Eye Color] ones. "I can't lose you. Not now, not ever."

     Lifting the brown mask, Sal leans in. Before she can react, he presses his lips on hers. The action causes the woman to tense up but relaxes immediately as she melts into the kiss. Their lips move in sync as his arm wraps around her waist. He pulls her closer into his arms. Her hands gently pressing onto his chest, slowly making its way to his neck. As their kiss deepens, [Name] pulls away. Her face is flush in bright red as she catches her breath. Her eyes gazes at the ground as she does so, avoiding Sal's stare. The kiss they share now is nothing compared to the one they had earlier on. It's gentle gesture oozes with strong emotions they share for each other. Love, longing, and a tinge of lust stirring inside them both.

     Sal presses his forehead against hers. He gazes at her eyes as he mumbles. "Will you be mine?"

     "Sal..." [Name] trails off, removing her arms around his neck. Shock at his question.

     He pulls her close. "Yes, [Name Face?"

     The nickname makes her smile. She looks up to him and caresses his cheek. Her fingers trail down the scars of his past. The tiny ones on his lips, a chip off area of his chin, and the big one across his face. Every one of it holds a different pain. As her eyes land on his fresh wound, a wave of guilt hits her.

     "I..." Her lips quiver. Before she can decline his offer, Sal crashes his lips on hers. He kisses her with passion and longing. Convincing her to say 'yes' through his actions. At first, she didn't respond but the intensity of his kiss taunts her to give in. Her lips move in sync with the same level of intensity as his. Her arms wrap around his neck as his arms pulls her close. Parting for a while, they catch their breath before connecting once more. Sal tilts his head to kiss her deeper, moving his tongue to ask for permission. She squeaks in response.

    "I guess that's a yes?" He muses.

     "Yes."