Prologue

Gerard gently rocked his baby boy in his arms; the baby slept peacefully while sucking on his thumb. He was so beautiful and he smiled down at him as he gently stroked his soft dark hair.

There was a soft knock outside the bedroom door.

"Come in." Gerard responded softly while continuing rocking his sleeping son. The bedroom door slowly opened and there was Frank.
He greeted Gerard with a small and sweet smile and Gerard gave him a small smile, back.

"I hope I didn't wake him."

"No, you didn't. He's sleeping pretty good."

"How is he? I know he was pretty fussy earlier."

"He's better. I think he just needed some rest--hopefully he'll feel better in the morning." Frank entered their bedroom, closing the door behind him. He made his way over towards Gerard, who was sitting on the edge of the bed with messy dyed red bed hair; he wore the warpaint of exhaustion on his pale face--the dark bags under his eyes were noticeable.

"And how are you?" Frank asked him, still smiling his small smile, and he sat down beside him on the bed.

"Tired..." Gerard responded softly before yawning, again. He was still rocking the baby while staring down at him.

"I know...I can take him, if you want." He said as he placed his tattooed hand down on Gerard's leg, making him look over at Frank with sleepy eyes.

"No, I know you're working on some new music--I got him."

"I finished, already. Come on, I'll take Raymond."

Frank carefully took baby Raymond out of Gerard's arms. Raymond made soft little sounds as he stretched out his little arms and legs in Frank's arms. He even yawned--letting out a soft coo. Frank smiled as he leaned down and placed a sweet and soft kiss down against baby Raymond's forehead.

"I'm going to get something to drink, want anything?"

"I'm good, thanks Gee." Gerard leaned forward and placed a sweet little kiss against Frank's cheek, making him blush and smile. Gerard then got out of bed, made his way out of their bedroom, and he made his way downstairs and to the kitchen. He poured himself a cold glass of water; chugging it all in one gulp before pouring himself another glass, Gerard then realized it was raining outside.

Gerard always loved the rainy and gloomy weather; cold temperature, cloudy skies, the smell of rain lingering in the air...he always enjoyed it. It brought him comfort. Gerard wanted a better and closer look, so he made his way outside the backyard.
The rain was coming down heavily; the air was freezing, Gerard could see his own breath each time he exhaled. He shivered as he wrapped his free arm around himself, trying to warm himself up. He took sips of his water as he listened to the rain...he remembered all the times he'd stay up late in his room with the window open--Gerard would just sit and listen to the rain; the thunder, and he'd even watch the lightning. He smiled to himself as he inhaled the fresh smell of the cold rain.

"Gerard?" Frank's voice appeared from behind him out of nowhere. Gerard gasped loudly as his body jumped...the glass of water slipped out of his hand, falling to the ground below his feet, the glass then shattered loudly; tiny pieces of glass spreading all throughout the floor.

"Oh, shit Gee--I didn't mean to scare you, I'm sorry..." Frank gave Gerard a guilty look as he ran his tattooed hand through his dark and long hair, slicking it back.

"...oh, no...I broke a glass...I'm sorry..." Gerard immediately kneeled and began to try and pick up each individual piece of glass with his fingertips.

"Whoa, whoa--Gee, be careful; you'll cut yourself." Just as Frank tried warning him, Gerard cut himself with a sharp piece of glass.

"Ouch! Fuck--"

"Let me see." Frank said as he then grabbed a hold of Gerard's hand in his; carefully examining his bloody index finger...Gerard winced as Frank then put slight pressure on it. He hissed out softly and Frank apologized as he then placed a soft kiss against it. Gerard's blood was now resting on Frank's lips.

"Frankie...isn't that disgusting...?" Frank smiled a small smile at Gerard, then licking his lips; tasting the bitter taste of copper on his tongue.

"I don't care. It doesn't bother me." Gerard blushed and he bit down on his bottom lip...seeing Frank with blood on his lips reminded him of a certain night...a night that would forever be branded in his mind. What Gerard always remembered clearly was all the blood that rested all over his handsome face. How his big, bright hazel eyes looked black...Gerard thought Frank resembled a monster that night.

"Are you alright...?" Frank asked Gerard as he watched him put a bandaid over his fresh new cut. Frank helped Gerard clean up all the broken pieces of glass before he cleaned up his bloody wound in the bathroom sink.

"Yes, I'm alright." Gerard avoided eye contact with Frank. He couldn't stop thinking about Frank's face covered in blood...the memory frightened him.

Frank then walked up to Gerard, wrapped both of his tattooed arms around his waist; pulling his body close against his, resting his chin down against Gerard's shoulder.

"I love you, Gerard. And I love Anthony, Poppy, and baby Raymond so much."

"...I know, Frank." Gerard responded softly as he then lifted his eyes up to look at Frank in the reflection of the mirror in front of them. Frank smiled again as he placed a sweet and soft kiss against Gerard's warm and pale cheek, making him smile.
Even though the memory was in the past, and it happened a long time ago...it was still there. He knows Frank loves him, as he loves Frank, but things were a lot different back then between them...their love story wasn't common. Not in the slightest.

In fact, their love story was more like the beginning of a tragic tale.