Life Changing Moment

He occasionally felt what he thought were contractions; sharp pains and hard kicks from the baby who was now fully developed and was ready to come out any day now...the now eighteen year old was experiencing more and more panic attacks now as he realized that he'd go into labor at any moment. Gerard was scared shitless.

Gerard was trying to distract the minor pain he felt by watching whatever looked interesting to watch on his TV...the baby kept kicking him from the inside; moving around so much that Gerard could see him moving around in his belly. It was a little creepy, but he was also fascinated by the view.
The pain grew more intense within an hour--Gerard let out soft groans and whimpers as the baby continued moving around...he felt more sharp pains that made him hiss out in discomfort and when the pain became unbearable, he called out to Frank. Frank was busy with house chores that day; cleaning every room and area, he even did some yard work.

"Frank! Open the door!" Gerard let out another low groan as he banged his fist against the door...Frank didn't hear him. Gerard began to panic when the baby kicked him so hard that he actually yelled out in pain--gasping loudly as the sharp pains returned; lingering from his belly to his spine...sending chills throughout his entire body as he let out a sharp exhale while grabbing a hold of his stomach.

"...Frank...please...FRANK!" Gerard yelled out as he lightly dropped to his knees, gripping onto his belly as he felt more sharp and burning pains spread all throughout his body; like a sudden itch that needed to be scratched...the pain was throbbing and burning and Gerard was beginning to panic as he began to whimper out loudly.

"...please...not now...please..." He mumbled to himself as he felt another hard kick from the baby, making him whine and moan out in both pain and discomfort.
Frank finally came back in the house after he finished raking up the dead leaves that were scattered throughout the walkway which lead to his front door, and he immediately heard all the commotion coming from Gerard's bedroom.

"FRANK! HELP ME, PLEASE!" Frank jolted his way up the stairs, tripping over his own feet, and when he unlocked the door and pushed it open...he found Gerard laying flat on his back against the floor below him; his body all curled up as both of his hands rested on his enormous pregnant belly--his face all red and drenched with sweat, and his eyes we're all red and puffy as tears spilled out from them...Frank dropped to his knees and carefully lifted Gerard's head up with both of his hands, making direct eye contact with him.

"Gee--look at me...breathe..."

"...Frank...the baby...I...I'm f-feeling contractions..."

"Gerard, we've talked about this; what you're experiencing aren't real contractions--you're experiencing Braxton Hicks. False contractions, remember...?" Frank spoke soothly to Gerard as he ran his fingers through his sweat soaked, short, and bright yellow hair--slicking it back as he moved his hair away from his face.

"...how do you know that?" Gerard asked Frank with a look of surprise resting on his face. Frank chuckled softly as he gently stroked Gerard's sweaty cheek, still trying to comfort him.

"I actually read one of the baby books, finally. Towards the very end of your pregnancy, you're going to feel false contractions--Braxton Hicks contractions. Has your water broke...?"

"...I...I don't know..." Frank placed his hand down against the eighteen year old's belly. The baby was still moving around, but he calmed down once he felt Frank's touch.

"Did it feel like you wet your pants?" Gerard shook his head no as more tears continued to spill out from his eyes.

"Okay, so your water didn't break. You're just feeling a lot of cramps and pain, but that's normal..."