Caught

Frank nearly crashed his car as he practically drove past everyone at full speed; he even did the dick move by cutting everyone off, but he needed to get home...the cops were out looking for him now, he knew they were.
Frank wasn't mad at Gerard though. He understood he missed his brother...he misses his whole family. And Frank did promise him that he'd see them again, but he honestly didn't know when...but, he couldn't wait any longer. In a way, Frank felt like he broke his promise to Gerard.

"Gee?" Frank immediately called out his name once he came through the front door.

"In here with the kids!" Gerard yelled back from their bedroom. Frank quickly paced his way over and found everyone's stuff packed; Gerard was helping Anthony and Poppy get their shoes and jackets on.

"Okay, is everyone ready?" Frank asked them, all. They all shared one look as they all looked over at him—scared and extremely nervous...Gerard hasn't been outside in five years; actually been outside; feel the sunlight against his skin, feel the breeze blow through his hair...he forgot what the outdoors were like. Not to mention, the kids have never been away from home. Frank imagines they were all terrified about the outdoors...the full outdoors.

"Daddy Frank, I'm scared..." Poppy admitted as she gazed over at Frank; staring at him with her wide, peridot colored, and fearful looking eyes.

"Me, too..." Anthony said after his younger sister. They both looked at Frank with scared hazel and green eyes. He made his way over towards them; gently touched Gerard's cheek while smiling a small half smile at him, trying to fight back tears.
He then looked at their kids...kissed them both on their foreheads and try to make them feel better by telling them that they were going on an adventure.

"...what's an adventure?" Anthony asked Frank while tilting his head to the side, like a pug. He smiled at his young son, leaned forward and placed a soft kiss against his forehead.

"An adventure is when you get to explore new and different places; see things you've never seen before, and do things you've dreamed of...it'll be fun. I promise." Frank didn't know how long they'd be on the run for...he didn't know if he'd get away with it. But he had to say something, he couldn't just tell his kids that he was in trouble and that he'd be taken away.

They brought all their belongings to Frank's car, and Gerard was staring all around him; his green eyes wide with awe as they wandered at the view all around him...Frank couldn't tell if he was happy or if he was upset...or perhaps both.

"Gee...?" Frank called out the silver haired boy's name softly.

"The air...its so fresh; I could smell rain." He said with a small smile on his beautiful face as he stared up at the sky. Frank felt his heart sunk...Gerard appreciated nature--especially since he hasn't been outside for the last five years.

"I think its going to rain..."Gerard spoke softly, still staring up at the sky.
Once they were all in the car, Frank quickly drove off his driveway; drove down the one road that led to his house...both Anthony and Poppy turned back to stare at the house they were born in. The house that they were raised in. The only world they knew.

"Bye, house..." Poppy said as she waved her little hand at our home, sounding so sad. Anthony didn't say anything; he was quiet the whole car ride, and he stared down at his hands on his lap.

"Hey, everything is going to be okay..." Gerard said as he turned to comfort him, placing his hand down against Anthony's.

"I know you're scared, baby...but, the world is so huge; there are so many things you'll get to see. You and Poppy." Gerard's voice was sweet and soothing, and Frank listened to every word he said as he continued driving.
He drove, and drove, and drove. Played some music for everyone so it wouldn't be so awkwardly silent...the kids sang along to familiar tunes they've heard before, and even Gerard sang with them...he had such a beautiful singing voice and Frank couldn't help but smile to himself as he listened to him sing. He stopped to get everyone something to eat really quickly and still drove until they were far away from home....eventually, Anthony and Poppy fell asleep holding onto each other and it was just Frank and Gerard sitting together in silence.