Reunited

The kids kept crying as they clung onto Gerard in the back of the police car...the rain was coming down hard; it sounded like a million pebbles were hitting against the car.

"I'm scared!" Anthony whimpered harshly against him, his little face buried in Gerard's chest. Gerard shushed him as he tried to comfort both of them, but they freaked out when the thunder roared, again.

"I want daddy Frank..." Poppy sobbed as she wiped away her tears with both of her tiny hands.

"Where's daddy Frank...? Why was he taken away!?" Anthony was more hysterical with what happened with Frank. Poppy was more upset...God, they're so young--they don't understand and he didn't know what to tell them.

"He's okay, I promise you--daddy Frank is okay..."

"The bad men took him away, daddy!" Poppy looked at Gerard with her puffy and red green eyes, looking so much like Frank...making him miss Frank even more, hoping that he was alright.

"They're not bad men, baby...they just think that daddy Frank did something bad..."

"Why? Daddy Frank didn't do anything!" Anthony was still weeping hysterically, as was Poppy. Gerard just held onto both kids close and tried calming them down...he had no idea where they were going and what was going to happen, but he was scared out of his mind.
They arrived outside of a police station soon after. The police officers escorted Gerard in. Holding Poppy in his arms and Anthony clung onto him, burying his face in Gerard's side...his heart was beating so fast that he could hear his own heartbeat inside of his ears. Inside of the police station was brightly lit and warm; it was packed with a large crowd of people, and police officers were in every corner. A few people were staring over at Gerard—like they knew him or something...he even heard a few people mumble under their breaths as they looked his way.

"Just stay in here, okay? Your family is on their way to see you. They couldn't believe it when we told them you were found..." Gerard remained silent as he looked up at the officer standing tall in front of him.

"I can't even believe you're here...I remember hearing about your case when you first disappeared." The kids stopped crying, but they were clinging onto Gerard, tightly.

"Glad to see you're still alive and in one piece..." The officer looked at Anthony and Poppy, and he grabbed two donuts from a Dunkin Donuts box sitting on the edge of the table in the room they were waiting in.

"Here, for your kids." Gerard took the donuts from the officer, thanked him, and he gave him a half smile before the officer headed out the room.
The kids ate their donuts and they both kept asking for Frank...Gerard didn't know how to answer them. The officer came back with some coloring books and crayons for Anthony and Poppy--and he brought the young silver haired man a hot cup of coffee while he waited for his family...Gerard was nervous about seeing everyone; his dad, his mom, Mikey...he hoped that they would still love him like crazy. After a long wait...the door opened and there he was...Mikey.

"...Gee...?" Mikey's voice cracked as tears ran down his face...Gerard broke down in tears too as he stood up and embraced him with a tight hug; hard enough to leave some bruising on the both of them.
They cried in each other's arms as they held onto one another...shortly after, their mom and dad came in--calling out Gerard's name as they both embraced their older son in their arms. His mom was kissing his cheek and stroking his short and silver hair while his dad kissed the top of his head and patted his back...the tears kept coming and they were all weeping, together.

"Oh, thank God you're alright!"

"We've missed you terribly, son...so much..."

"I knew you were alive, I knew it..." Gerard said nothing, but listened to everything they told him. His mom and dad kept kissing him and hugging him—practically cradling him in their arms like a baby, and Mikey couldn't stop crying, but he eventually smiled as he wiped away his tears...God, he's grown up so much...he's nineteen now, and Gerard couldn't believe it. He's missed out on so much in his life, but now he could make up for lost time.