Decision

For a while, they all talked--mostly Frank with his mom. He told her all about what he's been doing with his life; how he's a manager at a Hot Topic and how he's been thinking of opening up his own tattoo shop and become a full time tattoo artist. How he's been happy with Gerard, and raising his kids.

"Are you okay...?" Frank's mom asked him while placing her hand down on top of his.

"No...I'm scared, mom. I'm going to get life in prison, I know I am..."

"Frank--"

"But maybe I deserve it."

"No you don't, Frank...don't say that..."

"Mom, I'm damaged...I'm messed up in the head..." He was beginning to accept the fact that he might be going to prison; spending the rest of his life locked up in a cell, where time didn't matter, and his world would stop turning.

"Frank..." Gerard stepped in. He grabbed a hold of his other hand and caught his attention. Frank loved how green Gerard's eyes looked; how they shined so brightly and how long his dark eyelashes were...he was truly so beautiful.

"Listen to me. I don't want to hear you talk like that, okay...? You're going to be okay. I promise."

"I love you, Gee. And I love Anthony. I love Poppy. And mom? I love you, too."

"Frank, stop...you're going to get out of this." Gerard kept assuring him, but Frank had a gut feeling that he was going to be found guilty. He couldn't shake off the feeling.

An hour had passed. Everyone came back into the courtroom and seated themselves as Judge Lockhart made his way up to his seat. The room was so quiet it was as if it were empty; fear was lingering inside of Frank's mind as he felt an aching and heavy sensation in his chest...he couldn't breathe and he felt like he was about to have an anxiety attack.

"Frank, breathe...you look like you're going to pass out." Ms. Hopper whispered to her client as he sat perfectly still and completely silent--lost in his thoughts as he was starting to wonder what it would be like in prison. Frank was wondering how long he'd even last in prison.

"Have the people decided?"

"We have, your honor."

"Step forward, please." A random woman dressed in casual/formal clothing stepped out from her seat with a small folded up piece of paper in her hand. She made her way over to Judge Lockhart and handed him the slip of paper; the paper with the answer that would determine Frank Iero's future. He already felt tears building up in his eyes as his heart was pounding away so hard and so fast, as was his mother's, along with Gerard's, and even Ray's.

"All rise." Judge Lockhart spoke loudly and clearly. Everyone rose from their seats as he was about to read what was on the paper.

"Frank Anthony Thomas Iero, Jr., by the state of New Jersey and the people in this courtroom--you are cleared of all charges and are found not guilty." Frank eyes widened as he lifted his head up and thought he misheard Judge Lockhart. There were loud gasps coming from the back of the courtroom...Gerard had tears spill down his face as he smiled and let out a soft whimper.

"Looks like you're a free man, Mr. Iero. Bailiff, remove his handcuffs." Frank had tears running down his face as his mouth hung open, completely shocked by what he had just heard.

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" Mikey stood up from his seat, yelling clear across the room, having a few people turn to look back at him.

"Mikey--"

"You're fucking letting him go!? He's free, just like that!?" Mikey's voice was cracking and even squeaking a little as he continued yelling. His face was bright red and he had tears running down his face as he clenched his hands into fists.